Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it has been 4 months since i had to put Sarge down, and I was presented a situation to adopt a new dog....he looks alot like sarge....and acts alot like him as well...although hes more Proctective and verbal...He doesnt like people coming in the house unless fully approved outside first and its not a good idea to stick your hand in the window of my truck either in a fast motion.....he has to warm up at first, but we are only talking a couple minutes....all of which is very respectable and hes a perfect mix as a friend and a guard dog....

But with that said hes also a peoples dog...he wants to be right by you.....hes very very affectionate and once he knows you he just wants to chill right with you....I lucked out....

I will post a pic of him than of Sarge....they look like brothers.....

and heres a pic of Sarge before I had to put him down...

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Congratulations !

I adopted my doggy, my first doggy ever, two years ago, taken from a shelter with a black mark "non-adoptable", and she is a sweet nice doggy, although she is two times smaller than my cat, but she is much louder than any 100 cats together.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much...Rescue and adopted dogs are way more appreciative since their worlds are usually uprooted and turned upside down.....Nice to see you adopted as well....its def doing a good service to not only a dog but a greater good(however you want to interperate that)

·
Registered
546 Posts
Handsome guy. It must be something in the air, because I just adopted the worlds biggest puppy from the Humane Society a couple of weeks ago. He's half Bull Terrier and half Pit, but 100% puppy. He's very territorrial, but not aggressive (aka he barks a lot, but his tail never stops wagging). I gotta teach him to stay down and not jump up on people and try to fix this thing he has with chewing stuff up, but so far he is very well behaved and already knows sit, lay, and heel and very well potty trained. Loves to attack the toilet paper for some reason. He was returned twice before and is only 9 months. :roll: People adopt these dogs and expect them to be perfect out of the box, and when they arent think they can just treat them like something they bought at Wal-Mart. :cussing:

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Good looking dog. Congrats.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Yay for you and the pup! You just gave him the opportunity of a life time, that most dogs do not get, and I bet he will be forever greatfull. I worked rescue for several years and foster now for The Shamrock Foundation, and I tell you. They know when they are in a better place, and they will love you for it. Awesome, and thank you. Beautiful dogs.

Sorry about Sarge, I remember reading about that. Good to see you have been able to move forward. I know it is hard.

Again, thank you

cheers
-Ian :blackeye:

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
Very beautiful boy....I'm so in love with Dalmatians.

My late girl was a dalmatian/malamute mix, she was very loving, but offstandish with outsiders as well.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the replies folks...for some reason my email isnt letting me know when you reply....

Well SMoke is doing great....hes still very weary of people trying to come into my home, even when hes met them once or twice but hes def relaxing some....Im a huge fan of Dalmatians but then again I love all Mid to Large breed of dogs....of course i do have my favs but its just preference...Like Dobermans, Boxers, Weimers,Mastifs, and Pitts.....

but thaanks again everyone....hes def happy boy....hes was def Spoiled and sheltered where he came from....this si new for me due to all other dogs I had were abused and disrgarded and disregarded.....hes floored when we go for rides and run on my folks property....its like he never did that stuff....and he gets so excited when i get home he wimpers and grunts at the same time...some of the funniest **** ive heard.....!!!! weird but funny,....

hes coming with me to UWHARRIE in OCTOBER!!!! Yes Im finally gonna make it to a RIDE....!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts