Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1983 honda xr200r

$160, broken kick start ratchet. Its my summer project :D Have it disassembled after 3 work days. Paid $65 for new parts which is great, they should cost close to $100. Stripping and repainting it. Should be done by the end of the month.

Never ridden a "motorcycle" before. I have ridin trail bikes, but that has no clutch. Bought this to make money, keep me occupied til trooper parts are in 8) , and learn to ride a bike! Tell me whatcha think.

0606012038 by dryvr12, on Flickr

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Fun bike.. lots of low end torque for blazing new trails. The "slowness" of it will help get you used to riding and not have it get away from you. Give it a few months riding it and you'll looking for something with more power though.

That color scheme brings back memories of my XR100 I had when I was a kid. Loved that little bike.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I'm looking for something like that, but a tad bigger. I been looking at KLR 600/650's. Then I'll save a few bucks riding it to work.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Be careful. I bought my first bike as a project bike and dropped it a time or two because of the "projects"... That one looks like fun. I have a CRF230F set up for street riding and its awesome. My 230 has plenty of power to get up and go. Everyone said I'd want a 650 or something but I can't straddle one of those so I don't feel comfortable riding one. If anything, I want to eventually move to a more street purposed bike because I rarely take mine off road.

Enjoy and I hope you make money off of it!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, Ill be getting rid of it after I fix it up. Its a big big, and im only 5'6. Also in the 'burbs there is nowhere to ride within 3 hours :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts