Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it's an addiction. I'm loving my old Trooper and the more I do to it, the more I want to do. The carpet is in bad shape and I'm thinking about replacing it. I've seen precut molded carpets for Troopers, but I was wondering if anyone has used these and are they worth the price.

So far my list is:
Warn Manual Locking Hubs $179, which should be delivered before the weekend
New roof racks $200
Nerf Bars $199 (not for rock crawling, I only 4wheel in sand)
Front and Rear custom tube bumpers $600 (middle of September)
All new exhaust system. $??? I'm afraid what this is going to cost. Waiting to find exhaust manifold for the 2.8
Neoprene custom seat covers $190
Tinted Windows $180

·
Registered
175 Posts
If you haven't already paid for the Warn manual hubs, do some shopping around. Indepenent4x.com has them for about $139. Several other places also sell them cheaper. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hadn't ordered them yet. I tried Independent, but after a week without a reply, I thought I would go with a local shop and they're the same people that will be making my bumpers. I'll try Independent4X again though. Thanks for the heads up.

Any chance you know of any exhaust manifolds for the 2.8?

·
Registered
31 Posts
if it was my truck, id pull the carpet and seats and spray the whole floor with bedliner-tough, waterproof, easy, attractive...depends on your tastes. Plus its a whole lot cheaper! thats just me though

·
Registered
823 Posts
As far as the exhuast manifold for the 2.8, you might wanna try to talk to a wrecking yard with an interchange manual... I am not sure.. BUT, the manifolds SHOULD be the same as the 2.8 used in the early S-10 pick-ups/blazers... That might help... then again, it might not...

Chase

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I look into the S-10 exhaust. I'm leaning more and more to the rubberized paint on coating for the interior. It seems to fit what I would like and it would be easy to clean. Does anyone have any pictures of an interior that has the paint on liner?

·
Registered
823 Posts
DQ, here is a link to Onebadtrooper's(Chris) trooper pics... the rhino lining looks alot better in person.... As I saw it in uwharrie this past spring.. even considering it for my 93...

Anyway...

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/424221/3

Anyway, that is page 3.....

HTH

Chase

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the pics!

I started to pull out some of the carpet and I was glad to see the metal is in fantastic condition. I'm pulling it out gently to "see" how it is without the carpet, but keeping it in good condition if I want to put it back. A friend brought up a good point though, a liner won't offer the sound dampening of padding and carpet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts