Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Just purchased a 98 amigo. Have already fixed sticky caliper, Both CV joints. now I am hearing a noise kind of a clunking sound from the right rear when I take off. It is very intermitant.If it had shackles I would say thats it but no shackles. Any ideas ?

here is a link to my car domain page for my 83 cj8 scrambler and the amigo

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3060451/1 ... -scrambler

No I won't paint the Amigo pink

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
welcome to the planet,is the clunking like a shutter?if so check and see if the rear is LSD if so you may need to change fluid and add an additive

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Limited Slip Differential

option code G80 on firewall plate,or look for tag on rearend cover

·
Registered
407 Posts
Welcome to the Planet! Nice CJ-8 you have. I have a 86 CJ-8 with a World Cab hard top that has 30K original miles. Are you on the CJ-8.com forum by chance? If not check them out very good site for CJ-8s.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
If you want a quick-n-dirty test of the LSD, just make a dozen slow tight circles to the left and then to the right.

If the noise goes away or gets louder afterwards, you're in the right area.

Sometimes they just need a little exercise to make them quiet again.

Other than that - if indeed it is LSD, make sure to put in the GM Posi-additive when/if you service the differential.

·
Registered
407 Posts
guitar picker said:
buffy said:
Welcome to the Planet! Nice CJ-8 you have. I have a 86 CJ-8 with a World Cab hard top that has 30K original miles. Are you on the CJ-8.com forum by chance? If not check them out very good site for CJ-8s.
Yes I am almost a regular there pcozad1 on that forum
I am on that site too. I have a thread on the site detailing my CJ-8. If you haven't seen it it is under the Rambling section, look for the thread "New Guy With Interesting Find".

And again... welcome to the Planet a great bunch of guys!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.