Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hows it going, I posted an intro about 2 years ago then dropped of the face of the earth. Sold my 86 and my 2002 Trooper, and drove the wife's car to work. After being Trooper-less for a little over a year, I have recently purchased a 1991 Trooper. It feels pretty good to be back in the saddle. It is also nice to have something to piddle with.

May goal is to do a minor refresh, and back date the car to look like it would have sold in Japan in the mid-80's. Fender mirrors, faded paint, some oldschool wheels. Almost like a rat-rod, but not as crazy. It will be my beach driver, and off roader, I go to Hatteras once or twice a month and camp. I will document my progress the best I can, and doing all of the work in the parking lot of my apartment downtown. Pics coming soon.

Chuck

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Welcome back to the planet!

I too try to get down to Hatteras as often as I can. From the sounds of it Irene has destroyed the roads and it will be a while before visitors will be welcome back down there so you have time to fix up your Trooper.

Keep your eyes open for other outings in the Mid-Atlantic. We have a very active group here.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah we normally camp at Oregon Inlet, I am hoping to have all of the little stuff done by next weekend, I can take it down. I will have to keep up on the meets, I would like to get in on one of the runs to GWNF, but I may have to make it a solo trip. My wife likes to camp when bathrooms are available. Or possibly do a winter run, nothing like waking up in a tent surrounded by snow.

Chuck

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
My understanding is that the camping area at Oregon Inlet is closed until further notice while they make repairs. As for GWNF, there is a great camping area called "Hone Quarry Campground" that the park service runs. It is primitive camping, only costs $5 a day in an honor box, and they have vault toilets which should accommodate your wife's needs.

Good Luck!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts