1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
6 is enough.

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
THe transmission is probably geared more towards fuel economy.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Having driven trucks with 20+ gears I can state with some authority that anything more than 5 stops being fun.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
johnnie59 said:
Having driven trucks with 20+ gears I can state with some authority that anything more than 5 stops being fun.
That's apples to oranges. Like Medic said, I'm sure 7th is for hwy mpgs, or 300kph runs

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
At least they still have a true manual gearbox, and not a paddleshifting automatic... I'd be interested to see how she drives!!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I wish my truck had a 6th gear, or even a 7th gear! 3k+ at 65 is pretty stupid.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
johnnie59 said:
yea....14+ gears gets old with out sinks

but having sinks and one shiftier, would help allot though.

·
Registered
239 Posts
That's looks crappy to shift through. It looks way to tedious.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
pmat said:
I wish my truck had a 6th gear, or even a 7th gear! 3k+ at 65 is pretty stupid.
I hear that! I was thinking that this morning on my way to work. My fiancees car is a 2009 Nissan Versa. It has the variable trans in it. That thing will pull around 2K at 65 mph and it's fantastic.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Ugh I feel the same way. Whenever I take the troop on the highway I feel like it's gonna explode :)

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
My Xterra is a 6 speed manual... Cruises really nice.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Yeah, reminds me when the 6-speeds starting appearing in the Corvette. Top speed was actually attained in 5th, based on the power/torque curve, and the 6th was just for the EPA, since it could make freeway speed just off idle. Not sure if that's still the case. Not sure if they still do that annoying 1st - 4th solenoid push either.

I got to babysit my brother's 2006 GTO (heavily modified / 550 rwhp) 6-speed while he was in Afghanistan for a year and fell in love with 6 gears. It seemed just right.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts