Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanna say bigups to this forum,im brand spankin. And new to the trooper scene. Just landed a 94 trooper LS. Figured out the sunroof issue thanx to this site. But I was scanning my local ads and i came across this 93 trooper . The guy says it runs , but says that the tranny is shot. But tells me that the 4 wheel drive works,if he engages the 4wheel drive the front wheels will pull. I looked at the truck today and noticed that the drive shaft that operats the rear tires has been removed and the u-joint at at the front of the drive shaft is severely scuffed. As if the drive shaft fell out while driving. My question is....will the front wheels work if the tranny was shot, im thinking the owner took advantage of the truck and the ujoint went out. Im tryin 2 score the truck cause it is going 4 cheap. And would like to know if I will need tranny work or just a new ujoint....Thanx

·
Premium Member
4,350 Posts
it seems to me that if the front end, when engaged pulls the truck, the tranny would be fine. I wouldnt advise doing this on the roads. If the rest of the vehicle seems to be in good shape, then go for it. What is he asking if you dont mind?....

cheers
-Ian

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have him at 600 bucks right know.Funny thing i just got off the phone with him and he says tranny works. The yoke is broken,the guy is unmechanical...and he is selling the truck for his exbrother in law. So he called his ex brother n law and the guy told him tranny good something about drive shaft.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.