Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, i have a common acummulator leak on my isuzu rodeo.. and i need the specialty tool J-38559-A and J-28559-A for installation of the new cover... I hope that someone could help me find these 2 specific specialty tools.. Thank You. -kpchick3n

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Probably need to go to a Honda dealer.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Honda dealer sux, they have nothing to offer or wats so ever.. Do you think the "Turbo 350 Accumulator Cover Tool Kent Moore J-23069" would work on the Rodeo?

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
kpchicken said:
The Honda dealer sux, they have nothing to offer or wats so ever.. Do you think the "Turbo 350 Accumulator Cover Tool Kent Moore J-23069" would work on the Rodeo?
Better pm JLEMOND (Jerry) on this one.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JLEMOND, if possible can you pls chime in..

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
kpchicken said:
JLEMOND, if possible can you pls chime in..
PM him. Jerry doesn't read every single thread on here. :wink:

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
You dont need the tool. You can use a threaded pipe to push the old cover in. Remove the snap ring and pull the cover out.
Be careful not to nick/scratch the housing surface. It make take some persuading to come out, and theres a spring behind it so be careful.
A little transmission fluid will come out but not much. Clean the sureface, lube up the oring on the new piston cover, and reverse the removal for installation.

I didnt have a threaded pipe and managed to remove and install the covers with a socket, short extension and a prybar.

If you really want to spend money for the tool, I can try searching for it. I saw a non-oem part number posted for it before.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank Very Much "Dae".. Since school has started I haven't got much time working on the Rodeo, I'll do it your way and hope for the best.. Thanks Again. -kP.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Frank_1175 said:
How did it go? I have the same issue.
I couldn't work it out.. It's really stiff and very hard to push the accumalator bak to remove the snap ring. I couldn't do it.. I ask the tranny shop for a quote, but they are asking for $350.00 ... Alot..! for that much you can buy a new tranny already. I'm just going to cover it up with j.b. welding ...

·
Registered
330 Posts
Did you try putting a socket inside the cover and then using a pry bar to push the socket in in order to release accumulator spring pressure? That's going to be my approach as soon as I get the part from Jerry.
I may need a helper so I can get those 90 bend snap ring pliers to work.

Wish me luck....

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
kpchicken said:
Frank_1175 said:
How did it go? I have the same issue.
I couldn't work it out.. It's really stiff and very hard to push the accumalator bak to remove the snap ring. I couldn't do it.. I ask the tranny shop for a quote, but they are asking for $350.00 ... Alot..! for that much you can buy a new tranny already. I'm just going to cover it up with j.b. welding ...
How about some pics of what you are trying to do ?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Weighing the Pros and Cons of putting J.B. welding on the accumulator cover, to cover up the leak... I'm also waiting on a quote from a tranny shop here in Chico to see how much it would cost to have them fix the leak.. If I do place J.B. welding on the cover, i'll post up some pics.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Frank_1175 said:
Did you try putting a socket inside the cover and then using a pry bar to push the socket in in order to release accumulator spring pressure? That's going to be my approach as soon as I get the part from Jerry.
I may need a helper so I can get those 90 bend snap ring pliers to work.

Wish me luck....
I finally Gave-Up and went to a private Tranny Shop that only charged me $50.00 .. :D Got it fixed now, and he said it was pretty stuck in there.. he spent An hour and 1/2 getting it out... It's all worth it, i think; base on putting in new tranny fluid every week..

For Every who lives in CHICO, CA.. Sierra Automatic Trans. is the CHEAPEST in TOWN..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts