1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need pointers on replacing O2 sensor - 2000 Isuzu Trooper

Check Engine light on, getting this code:
P0430 = Catalyst downstream, Bank 2

I've reset the Check Engine light but after a week or so it comes back on.

Thought I would replace that O2 sensor.
But, never did this before and looking for pointers before I order part and do the replacement.

Special tools? Is the sensor easy to get access too?
I would guess its in one of the exhaust pipes.

Carl

·
Registered
11,879 Posts
Bank2 Sensor2 is located on the driver side between the catalytic converter and the muffler. I have replaced this sensor on my 01 Rodeo, it was not difficult, took about 30 minutes. I used a 22mm O2 sensor socket but you can cut the wires off the old one and use a regular socket to remove it and an open/box end wrench to install the new one. A Trooper should require about the same level of effort. Just make sure you get a replacement sensor that has the correct connector so that you don't have to cut the connector off the old sensor and solder it to the replacement. I used a Bosch sensor from RockAuto.

It is possible your sensor is OK and is telling you the catalyst is not working.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do have an Exhaust leak - maybe its the leak?

Think I can get the O2 off by spraying PB Blaster on it and using an ordinary 22mm wrench without damaging or cutting the wire?

Carl

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
really... no pb blaster is needed. These things arent torqued too high. Just get a standard 7/8 O2 sensors socket. Mine came relativly easy with a 3/8 ratchet and a small pipe for extra leverage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts