Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my sputtering problem has been diagnosed as a new spark plug and wire job.

part numbers? product suggestions?

99 rodeo

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Try a set of NGK plugs. You don't have plug wires. You have coil on plug ignition.

Is your idle rough? Has is started to get worse? Have you ever changed the intake manifold gaskets? They are very prone to craking and causing a rough idle and stalling in extreme situations.

Joe

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my idle is sporatically bad, occassionally sputtering after a highway drive (bhut only like three times in the past few months). if i restart it, then it works fine. i had been told plugs - you think it is IMG?

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Have you gotten any check engine lights?

If so run over to Autozone and have the codes pulled, then post up. They should be able to tell you what codes are popping up.

If it was the IMG bad then it'd be pretty constant, but it may be worse when cold. You could pull a few plugs and see what kind of shape the plugs are in.

My guess is that you are going to replace the IMG's.

Joe

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
have not had any CEL's, and it only sputters when hot, never cold. in fact, letting it cool is a cure-all.
also - no autozone in canada...

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
update
changed the plugs, they were brutal all corroded and white with a build up of carbon. now, the idle still sputters (but less often) and the CEL came on last night while idling. AARGH. also my tranny started shifting hard, banging into gear. i am taking it to get the code read this afternoon. any comments appreciated...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.