Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok. New question/thought....
:D :idea: :D :idea: :D :idea: :D
So since I'm overseas AAFES (mil retail store) is bout my only option. I went there and they only carry Cooper. I drive alot on the road (autobahn) so Im leaning more towards the Discoverer AT. Thinking of going with the stock 245/70-16. How much better is 255/70-16 as far as ride comfort and traction/steering? Also jus how A/T is a A/T? Like I dont expect it to thrash thru muddy lakes but, what depth of mudd should it make it thru?

·
Registered
82 Posts
My 86 Troop was a pretty decent wheeler on 31" Discoverer A/T. Granted it was slightly muddy roads and trails, not real deap mud. They also were good on the street w/ little road noise if that concerns you. Can't really comment on the size difference though.

Craig

·
Registered
21 Posts
if u get a bigger tire PERIOD, u are gonna notice some different characteristics in ride quality, steering and stopping, and body movement. but because those a/t's r so mild, u should barely notice a noise level increase. but as for doing some weekend warrior type stuff, a bigger tire NEVER HURTS!........i would ask who ever u could in the PX (american for military store.....i'm in the navy), if they could special order for u....usually they can.......then i would highly recommend the best a/t out there......a bfgoodrich.....but to go back with the cooper, i wouldn't go crazy buddy!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pittbulltrooper said:
if u get a bigger tire PERIOD, u are gonna notice some different characteristics in ride quality, steering and stopping, and body movement. but because those a/t's r so mild, u should barely notice a noise level increase. but as for doing some weekend warrior type stuff, a bigger tire NEVER HURTS!........i would ask who ever u could in the PX (american for military store.....i'm in the navy), if they could special order for u....usually they can.......then i would highly recommend the best a/t out there......a bfgoodrich.....but to go back with the cooper, i wouldn't go crazy buddy!
So would the quality of steering, stoping and body movement become greater or worse? Yea, I went to the BX Tire Store, all they had a catalouge was for Cooper, but ill ask again.. Thanx for the help!

·
Registered
327 Posts
HEATON said:
So would the quality of steering, stoping and body movement become greater or worse? Yea, I went to the BX Tire Store, all they had a catalouge was for Cooper, but ill ask again.. Thanx for the help!
Going from a 245/70-16 to a 255/70-16 is only changing the overall diameter by about a half of an inch. You won't even notice a difference.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its all Good pitbull, I thinkin ima go ahead and go with the fact size bc its the same as the Spare. And jus wait till im back i the states for the lift and 33's. Preciate it all though!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.