Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked for a long time now, and would like to find a "How To" on a V8 swap for a 2wd 4cyl 5spd '92 Rodeo. I know its been done, and seen pictures of. Just looking for a writeup, so I know what parts to go source, or what donar vehicle to get.
Thanks,
Kutza
VA.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
5.0 not sure about, dont see why it couldnt. bigtrooper put a 427 in his 1st gen troop

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
Anything can be done, and the "how to" would really apply to any vehicle and your going to have to figure everything out on your own basically anyways as every vehicle/engine is different. You'll need to weld in new frame mounts, address the oil pan, transmission, driveshafts, etc etc etc. If your serious about it, I can lend a hand/advice. Shoot me a PM

·
Registered
99 Posts
Since you are talking 2wd, the thing to do is find the engine and its native transmission together. You need to build front mounts, adapt and relocate the rear crossmember, cut the right hole for the shifter as needed, then start the plumbing and wiring. J.C.Whitney used to have front engine mounts built crossmember style for small block chevys, that make that part even easier to build. I'd see possible steering gear issues with them. Wiring and plumbing decisions are driven by your local smog laws. Can the Isuzu computer drive your new engine's injector / tbi ?? I dunno either. Nice if it can. Much more wiring if it doesn't.

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
You'd have to redo the engine wiring if you were keeping efi. If you use an automatic you won't have to cut a hole in the floor.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
That's what I plan on doing to my Rodeo, a small block 350. Those motors are everywhere and the parts are extremely cheap.

Plus the fab work it'll take will be minimal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.