Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a trooper yesterday, its a 2001 and has pretty high miles 174000 dont plan on using it much just some in the winter, but drove it today and when i tried to go above 40mpr the gas pedal shook and it made a noise kinda like the sound of a generator running, did increase speed though. Continued to do this several times but only when id push harder on the gas pedal....any ideas???

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
would that cause it to only do this sometimes? i bought it out of state and had to drive it almost 3 hours home yesterday and it never did it. Then drove it 5 minutes to the store today and it did it the whole way, but once shut off and started again it didnt do it on the way home?????

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
No throttle cable on an '01. I don't have any other ideas though.

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
Could be any number of things, wheel bearings, ball joints, bad alignment, tires, etc

I would take it to a good mechanic and have them test drive it while you're in it, so they know what sound you're hearing.

Keep us posted on what you find out, and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
If thats a fly by wire throttle system, I would look into having the dealer check out the pedal sensor. It could also be related to the cruise control system.

·
Registered
645 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the suggestions, I do have an appointment to get it looked at the first of the week, was just trying to get some suggestions on what to tell the mechanic so he dont go in blind...as i know how mechanic bills rack up!! Im wondering myself if it has something to do with the torque on demand system, under the diagram on the dash a red light is flashing saying check. Owners manual is not real clear on which lights should be on...well not to me atleast lol. But thanks for the suggestions and the welcome and i will definitly post when i know something!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.