Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do you guys get the diff fluid in there? my friends and i tried rigging up a hose from the bottle to the diff, but that went nowhere lol. on my old cherokee, i had enough room to just aim the tip of the bottle in the fill hole and squeeze but i don't see how i can do this with the rodeo. or am i just retarded lol?

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
You'll need a pump of some sort.

I used a hand pump ( was a messy experiance). A couple of guys posted about modifying weed sprayers to get it in there.

Jim

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i went to autozone and bought their last pump. it worked alright. now that i've changed the fluid though... its either my mind overreacting or i screwed something up but it sounds like a jet engine in 4wd :shock: i didn't think my front axle was a limite slip unit, but i could be wrong. the option codes on the firewall does not list g80, which i think is the lsd axle, but that should be for the rear anyway, shouldn't it?

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
You do not have a limited slip in your front diff. I'd make sure you were on level ground when you filled the diff back up and confirm you have enough fluid in the front diff.

And yeah I was one of those guys that uses a pressurized type garden sprayer to put oil in the tranny, or fill rear ends. So long as the oil isn't cold it goes fairly quick, and saves a lot of pumping under the truck.

Joe

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a big steel half litre oil syringe, just suck it up out of the bottle and squirt it back into the diff, works fine, easy to measure how much you're putting in. Done both diffs and both gearboxes with it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have heard, but never tried so no guarantees on this one. You can fill a big Gatorade bottle with the fluid. Drill 2 holes in the top for the bottle. Insert a hose in 1 hole, and a blower nozzle on a hose from your compressor in the other hole. Blow the air into the bottle, and the fluid will trave from the bottle through the hose to what ever you are filling up. I have heard it works great, but I have never tried it, and can see how it can become messy really quick if your not paying attention.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Yep, I've used the *blow hole* method for several lube applications. I use sturdy gallon plastic bottles (antifeeze, oil jugs, etc..) and 3/8" vinyl tubing for the out hole. Works excellent. Just want to make sure you dont get carried away with the compressed air as you can have an exploding oily mess real quick!

Joel

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.