Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Why would you just remove the pulley? I would guess you can swap it out for a new one, but a used power steering pump from a junkyard should be dirt cheap. If it's a functional issue, just go that route. Who knows if the problem is just the pulley...

If you need more help, I can dig up some pix and directions and email them to ya.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Theoretically, you just remove the nut in the center of the pulley and the pulley will come off. In the real world, that nut is freakin tight! To unscrew the nut, you have to keep the pulley from spinning, so you can jam a screw driver into one of the holes in the pulley and try to jam it. Best would be to remove the whole thing from the truck and stick it in a vice. Even then, you'll probably need a long breaker bar or some air tools.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't know what I was worried about. It was a cinch. 1-2-3! Like the manual said. However, now I have a new concern: a service bulletin said to use dexron IIE fluid, but thats ATF. Should I have put in plain ps fluid?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.