Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello. i have a 98 rodeo and i want to lift to rear. i have the front cranked all the way and have 32 on it. the problem is i dont have too much to spend on it. i wonderd what springs and shock combo id need. im new to the planetisuzoo and spend so much time search on here as am in class. anyways can i get led in the right way?.
thank you, Josh

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
The cheapest lift is to pick up a pair of Trooper springs from a bone yard and swap them into the Rodeo. OEM Trooper springs are a direct replacement for the OEM Rodeo springs and will give you a stiffer ride and about 1.5" of lift. You might also check the classified section for OEM Trooper springs from Trooper owners who have upgraded their springs.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what year do they need to be from. and can i run stock shocks

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Stock shocks are fine, you aren't adding much lift. You are looking for 2nd gen Trooper coil springs 1992 and later but I wouldn't want to go back too far and end up with a worn pair.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
okay. and what about if i got 912.what shocks do i need. i need all new shocks anyways. i dont wanna spent too too much, but i want ones that are good also.

·
Registered
433 Posts
icesluss said:
okay. and what about if i got 912.what shocks do i need. i need all new shocks anyways. i dont wanna spent too too much, but i want ones that are good also.
Cheapest without giving up too much comfort are Skyjacker's (IMO)

These are rear: http://www.skyjacker.com/product.php?ProdID=15793

These are front: http://www.skyjacker.com/product.php?ProdID=15663

I added 2" of lift with OME 919's and I put these on, great ride quality for the price. You can usually find them on eBay for cheaper and on Amazon with free shipping.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you. now will thoes fit on a 98 rodeo? and how hard are they to put on?

·
Registered
433 Posts
icesluss said:
thank you. now will thoes fit on a 98 rodeo? and how hard are they to put on?
Super easy:

Here's a step by step how to video:

And yeah, they fit 98 and newer Rodeos & Axioms.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
okay thank you.. now the top of the shocks are stud's. whats the easyest way to get them off.. mine are really rusted and all that fun stuff. could you cut them off? or would that not be the best? im 17 and my dad said if i can put the lift on we can lift it. otherwis its going to a shop and that means no lift :'( so any help will be greatly Appreciated.. thank you for all your input

1 - 9 of 9 Posts