Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently found a good sized rust hole (all the way through) on the top and side of the frame of my rodeo just behind the front wheel on the passenger side.

I am not sure if it is fixable yet.

I will be taking it into a shop tomorrow, but I want to see if I can find one on the side as well. The truck runs way too well to consider scrapping it.

Also if anyone in the area has done this swap and can either do it, or recommend someone to do so I would really appreciate it. I live in Ft. Washington, and work in Berwyn. Any place close to either of those locations (or surrounding) would be fine for my to bring it to.

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
GEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, i just scrapped what was left of my 96 i was parting. Maybe 3 weeks ago, whole truck tooo.. DARN IT!!!! and im in NJ. Just becareful with welding patches on frames. Frames get weak if not properly welded and cooled. IT messes up the tensile strength of the steel and can actually make things worst. Rodeos are not know for their front end collision survival rate, they actually dont do well and if you start messing with the frame, you should be careful. AS far as my truck goes, it went to a recycling yard called Apache in Hackensack NJ on MT Vernon street. im not sure if they scrapped it yet or if its still there as there wasnt much left, mostly a cabin and frame. sorry about the bad timing
Ron

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its at a frame/body shop right now. They seem to have alot of experience doing this kind of thing. I have high hopes.

I was thinking about that frame, but I would have no means to transport it even if you still had it :(

·
Registered
254 Posts
R3 said:
Its at a frame/body shop right now. They seem to have alot of experience doing this kind of thing. I have high hopes.

I was thinking about that frame, but I would have no means to transport it even if you still had it :(
Just need a trailer and something to tow with. :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.