Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this truck up back in Feb. this year. The guy sold it cause of oil leak(s) and he couldn't get the starter out to Replace and alternator was dying. I only paid $500 for it, was kinda worried about buying it without hearing it run, so far i don't regret it. :thumbright:

well replaced the starter and alternator, she started up on the first crank! Rodeo does has the famous ticking 244,XXX on the odo
Hopefully i can try some of the solution i read on here so far to eliminate or reduce the tick

Q:Has anyone washed their 3.2 motor and if so what precaution i need to take before doing this? (my first time trying this)
And what other advice ya'll can give. This will be my daily driver.

front interior by melvin_melvin, on Flickr

working on little red by melvin_melvin, on Flickr

driver side valve cover by melvin_melvin, on Flickr

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Welcome to the ZUU, Melvin !

Really nice rodeo you have there !

I've never washed one. But I've washed many other makes and models.

The one universal thing I have found is to keep a dry cloth, and some wd40 in the truck while washing the motor.

Then, when finished, pop off the dist cap. Give it a quick dry inside, with the cloth. Then spray in there very liberally with the wd40, and put the cap back on.

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
Have a lot of info I can relate, as I have your same exact truck....however my engine's never been as dirty as yours appears to be with all the oil leaks. With mine, when I wash the engine I start with a cold truck, cold engine, but I never have to do more then just a 2-3 minute light spray, mine gets dusty, but I am the original owner so I have the benefit of always having had a clean plate to start with.

Simple green diluted with some water in a spray bottle can go a long way in your case, but do NOT fixate on any opening, just lightly spray in solid areas of where the oil stains are, let it sit for a few, and rinse it off with a garden hose, or light carwash spray hose...but nothing too powerful. may have to do this a few times over a few separate washes...don't spray that engine area for hours on end basically, you do want things to dry out, namingly all the wiring is what you really have to be careful of.

I have numerous tips for that auto transmission but I will have to reply later, having a b-day party right now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guy! I've been reading posts for days trying to find all i can about our rodeos. Kinda feel like i'm studying for a final exam.

When ever you have the time Ramblin just post on here if that's ok with Mods or pm me either or?

These truck are different to work on. im use to late model Chevy 88-98

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
blueninja said:
When ever you have the time Ramblin just post on here if that's ok with Mods or pm me either or?
That's what the forum is here for !

:D :D :D
blueninja said:
These truck are different to work on. im use to late model Chevy 88-98
Atually the reason I like the troopers so much is because it is a lot like working on the older chevy trucks. Not so complicated as the newer stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.