Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a proud owner of a 1993 3.2L V6 Isuzu Rodeo. It's pretty much stock right now, but sitting on some 31 inch AT tires. I'm looking to put a lift on it, but don't know where to find a good one. I have found some body lifts for pretty cheap, but those just look stupid (personal opinion, sorry if you disagree). I've found a three inch suspension lift, but it's almost $1000 dollars, and that's ridiculous.

So I guess I'm asking for some help. Any ideas on cheap lifts? ie torsion bars, shackles, etc.? I'm looking for anything between a 2" and 5" lift. For a halfway decent price. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I got a 2" lift with 1 1/2" shackles and 32" tires. Shackles from Indy 4x4

They also have greasable ones but you are looking for cheep.

The tires are gonna cost but you will need tire sometime. I got Falken Rocky Mountains from Discount tire. Nice tires good price. Shop online find the best deal on the tires you want print the web page showing the price and Discount will match the price. The store I bought from was going to add web site's shipping to their price match. I acted like I was going to leave and they changed their tune. I think I got them for around $700. all four out the door.

GL

·
Registered
676 Posts
https://www.independent4x.com/merchantmanager/index.php?cPath=1_12_22_29

Independent 4x4 is your best bet for Isuzu lifts. The torsion bar crank is the easiest way to bring up the front end, and a shackle in the rear could give you about 2" of lift. Search around "Drivetrain Mods" and see what some of the other 1st Gen Rodeo guys do, that'll give you an idea of what works best for your rig.

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
You don't need to spend a fortune on the 1st gen rodeo's for a 2-3" lift.

Get yourself some longer shackles from Calmini or independent 4x4 - got mine from Calmini for $50 or so, it's been a long time, can't remember.

Install those, and crank your front torsion bars, which you can do yourself; bingo....there's your 2" lift....just be sure to get a front end alignment afterwards.

I have a total of 3" lift on my 97, between 2" from the shackles and I run 32" tires.

These trucks don't need a huge lift they have plenty of clearance.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Darn, if you had the next generation up, I could've got you a spectacular deal on a used 3" Calmini. :/

·
Registered
676 Posts
BryanHousley said:
Darn, if you had the next generation up, I could've got you a spectacular deal on a used 3" Calmini. :/
You're for sure sellin your lift? Yours has the Calmini control arms right? How much are you askin for it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. I've looked everything over pretty well, and I think I'm going to go with the beginner lift kit from indy4X4... its a three inch lift with everything I need, plus shocks, for about 500 bones. Ill put up pictures when I get it done! Thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
27 Posts
TKEPA251 said:
BryanHousley said:
You're for sure sellin your lift? Yours has the Calmini control arms right? How much are you askin for it?
As long as I can have the factory suspension from the rodeo of whoever buys mine, I'd say $300/250 obo.

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
RodeoForDays said:
Thanks guys. I've looked everything over pretty well, and I think I'm going to go with the beginner lift kit from indy4X4... its a three inch lift with everything I need, plus shocks, for about 500 bones. Ill put up pictures when I get it done! Thanks for all the help!
Can't wait to see it! I have a bit over 4" of lift with shocks for less than that though FYI.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts