Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i think i need an alternator my ebrake and battery light started to flash when i hit my brakes now today my abs light is coming on my radio is cutting out when i hiit the brakes my tach and speedo are jumping all over the place like my car is posesed . i had this simialr problem this summer to find out my battery was fried replaced battery and all problems gone. is it possible that since the summer the battery is slowly draining due to the alternator not recharging it its all i can think of and if not then i have some other major electrical problems!!!! any pointers i would much appriciate :?:
-sean

1998 isuzu rodeo

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
whats your production date? Isuzu had a problem with their alts. I have a few Isuzu Remanufactured ones, but need your production date. The first couple of months was one alt then after that it was another
let me know
Ron

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
i played the battery vs alternator vs battery vs alternator game for many a year, then had the alternator rebuilt and a new battery in and guess what? no more problems.

rebuilding the alternator cost me about a hundred and the same for the battery. stealership wanted a rediculous sum for a new alt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.