Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else attend this? Its a regular trip for my family. If you are a car guy, you'll love seeing what they are planning for 2014 and 2015.

It doesn't cost as much as our local "world of wheels" custom car show AND you get to see lovely Detroit in January (always a nice time of year!!!).

If you can, add this to your calendar for sometime in the next few years.

A little FYI, its always MLK weekend through the next weekend. The 3 day weekend is nice for a mini-vacation, but the place is packed. We are still going that weekend, but I thought I'd tell you just so you know!!!

http://www.naias.com/

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Looks like fun!! I wish it worked into my travels to hit it, I love car shows.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
I usually go to the one here in Columbus (OH). Its not nearly as big or have upcoming models, but it has whatever is going to be on the market for the upcoming model year.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been going to the Detroit show for 8 or 9 years now. Nothing rivals the displays and immaculate detail they put into EVERYTHING! From the display booth to the concept cars, they do everything 100%. Jeep always has a pretty cool set up because they play to the outdoor adventurist. The usually have a waterfall intergrated into their booth that drops the water in little drops so as to spell out words like "JEEP" and "4x4". Some booths will hang their vehicles or suspend them from above. GM usually has a second story to their display. The concept cars are really where it is at, but if you are in the market for something new, you get a chance to sit in all of them side-by-side and run back and forth. Plus, how many times can you walk up to a Tesla roadster? Or see the Ferrari's, Porches, BMWs and Aston Martins that the dealerships don't normally have?

Plus, we've been going so long that we've figured out how to best enjoy the manager's reception at the hotel we stay at :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Hmm. I might go, you may have talked me into it. It sounds pretty cool. I'm a big fan of BMW's, so I would be all over that display :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This coming weekend!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts