Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had to go out of town for a week I was going to take the Rodeo for a chance to go wheeling on the beach where I was working. My wife, Laura, talked me into taking our Mazda as it was better on gas and I was going to work and would probably be tired at the end of the day. Then the day before I leave she says she wants to drive the Rodeo to work because it looks fun to drive...REALY!!! Did she just say that?!?!?!

I get home from my job a week later and she tells me it's making a noise from under the truck she thinks it may be a CV joint, WOW I think she is getting into the Rodeo! I take her for a ride and tell her to tell me when she hears the noise, she hears the noise a couple of times but it's not constant I suggest it could be the shocks are bad. She says we need to fix it but can we just go ahead and get the 3" lift because it comes with shocks and new spring bushings, OMG!!! my head got dizzy and I almost passed out. As I'm about to black out she says oh we need to get running boards so she can get in and out easier when we get the lift and new tires on.

I don't remeber much after that, I fainted like a nancy boy.

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
LOL awesome, but no running boards, get rock sliders, tell her she can use those for steps :)

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
RamAirZ said:
... get rock sliders, tell her she can use those for steps :)
x2

That's awesome! I had nearly the same reaction when I called home to ask if I could trade parts for another trooper w/no motor & she said yes! But yours is better cuz she drove yours lol. Mine hates 4x4'ing.

~psguardian

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
Ya mine isn't a 4x4 fan after I scared her on a steep hill once :lol:

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
tlcsr66 said:
I don't remeber much after that, I fainted like a nancy boy.
And crashed the rodeo.

Now you have to buy her a new one.

:wink:

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
psguardian said:
That's awesome! I had nearly the same reaction when I called home to ask if I could trade parts for another trooper w/no motor & she said yes!
I can attest to that. I was there when he made the call.

We had to pick him up off the ground,and help him find his phone because he dropped it when he fainted.

Then he was in a daze for like half an hour.

You'd be talking to him, and he'd space out in the middle of something and say, "I can't believe she said yes", to the air in front of him...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Hey now! I kept my feet under me, if only just LoL. I did talk to the air though. :oops: still amazed I came away from selling parts with a rig ready for motor install.

~psguardian

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
psguardian said:
Hey now! I kept my feet under me, if only just LoL. I did talk to the air though. :oops: still amazed I came away from selling parts with a rig ready for motor install.

~psguardian
I swear, just before you passed out, you were floating about three feet off the ground !

I can't wait to see the new rig, and all the pics you are naturally going to take, of all the work !!

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
My fiancee' doesnt care for the troopers too much but she tolerates them because she knows I love them. As for the Land Cruiser, she was the one who talked me into it. I wanted to buy a little mazda commuter car. Go figure.

·
Registered
606 Posts
my wife talked me into getting the bronco, she said "get it so we can go offroading together, I don't want to just ride along I want to drive too" i knew she was a keeper :D

·
Registered
827 Posts
Brilliant 8)

Six years ago I hid my lift in the shed for two months before fitting it and admitting I bought it :oops:

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
:lol: I just buy stuff, put it on and if she notices I tell her I used car money for it. She doesn't give me too much grief, rarely does she get onto me for spending money on my toys.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
My wife is pretty cool mainly because she knows I am really into cars. She was hesitant about the small lift and bigger tires but afterwards shes like, "looks tough." I was pumped. I asked her about going up another inch and she said no as she hates too much fender gap and also know to trading snowflakes off another Passport but shes great. Dont spend too much money on it mainly because we dont have it to spend on it but as long as I explain it to her she is fine with small upgrades.
Sweet about the 3 inch lift!

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
I want the snowflakes :)

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
RamAirZ said:
I want the snowflakes :)
So do I! I wont probably ever get them either :(

·