Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my Opel Campo'93 (In Europe the Isuzu TFS is sold as Isuzu Campo>'92 and Opel Campo"92>). It's an 2.5l direct injected diesel.

[/img]

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I make some pics of the engine tomorrow! (In Holland it's 9:00 in the evening).
The engine is a 2.5 Di and is based on the 2.8Dti Trooper engine.(and TFS)
In Europe the TFS is started as Isuzu Campo with a 2.3l gasoline engine (4ZD1, 89 HP) and a 2.2l Diesel (C223, 53HP).
In '92 Isuzu's where sold as Opel's and the Campo is sold with the same gasoline engine as the Isuzu Campo and with the new 2.5l (75Hp) and 3.1l (109hp, Turbo) diesel engines.
The Trooper is sold as Opel Montery, and the Mu/Amigo and Wizard/Rodeo is produced under licence by Opel in England. This car is called Frontera and has Opel engines(2.0l, 2.2l and 2.4l gasoline engines and 2.3l Opel diesel, 2.8l Isuzu diesel and 2.5l VM diesel).
Why did'nt they called everyving Isuzu's????

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Why did'nt they called everyving Isuzu's????
One of life's mysterys I suppose.

ISUZU has so many different names around the world, it's a wonder no hasn't been driven to drink :lol:

The Mu/Amigo is also known as the Holden Frontera in Australia and the ISUZU Trooper/Monterey is the Holden Jackaroo.

In South America, the Trooper/Monterey/Jackaroo is built by Caribe, which is actually Chevrolet/GM :?

Then, there's the Rodeo confusion which is getting worse as more international members show up. The Rodeo in Southeast Asia is the ISUZU pickup, but in the US market, the Rodeo is the Wizard wagon. :?

Your vehicle in the US market is the P'up SpaceCab (extended cab). It's available here with the ISUZU 4ZE1 2.6L gasoline, early models came with the 4ZD1 2.3L. The regular, non-extended, cab P'ups also came with the GM 3.1L V6 gasoline motors. These vehicles are holding their value quite well, and the rarer diesel models from the mid-eighties are demanding VERY high dollars right now with our gasoline situation out of control.

Cheers,

·
Registered
109 Posts
yes.....

Here in Chile the the troopers are: Chevrolet Trooper; and the Isuzu Pickup, Opel Campo, Vauxhall Brava, Holden Rodeo, are: Chevrolet Luv.
That`s why I preffer to name it as Isuzu TFS, beacuse it`s the original name for this vehicle.

In USA you have Chevrolet Luv, but it`s the older model.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Holden Frontera is build in England by Opel/Vauxhall so it's not exactly the same as the Isuzu Mu/Amigo. The Frontera has an a diffrent grill and headlights and offcourse the Opel engines.
My Opel Campo is build in Japan by Isuzu and the Opel montery too.

Amigo, Trooper, Campo, Bighorn, Rodeo,Frontera P'up, Luv orr what the f... else, THEY ARE ALLE THE SAME: ISUZU'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
you can buy those flares in Australia for $72 per pair for 35mm and $77 per pair for 50mm. They are made here by "Bushranger"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.