Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I live in a condo complex and my particular unit shares a driveway with the people next door. The lovely neighbors we have had before had moved out and are now renting the place out. Unfortunately to people who don't care and lie when they are interviewed by them.

So anyways, on my birthday no less I heard a loud bang outside and looked outside to see my neighbor's Mitsubishi about 5 feet behind my parked trucked. I thought "um ok?" so I went downstairs and saw the antenna on my Trooper swaying back and forth and ran around to find my new exhaust bent up along with my push bar and bumper.. Needless to say I was in shock and pissed off. The renters speak little English and said that their foot slipped off the brake when they were turning around in my driveway because their big *** beater construction truck was taking up their half. He told me he would pay no problem and gave my his insurance. I called the police just to be safe because when I looked outside before I went down stairs I saw a women driving "presumed to be his wife" but he said he was driving when I saw him. So the cops got their and asked them questions I was sitting near my truck and heard the cop yell "don't bull**** me, who was driving?" And they finally caved and told the cop.. Turns out the women is an unlicensed driver, but the car was insured under the guy from New York.

So to conclude I ended up going through my insurance and will attack their insurance for my deductible. My truck goes in to be fixed in two weeks too a shop I picked and totally trust! And the women is STILL driving I see her all the firggen time, driving her 5 kids around! :shock:

I feel I let me Trooper down and should be there to protect it. :oops: It's my first hit/accident since I have had her and can't wait to get the poor girl fixed.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
dude that sucks!!!!! there's so many illegal/unlicensed drivers in connecticut, its not even funny, did you know that if a cop pulls over an unlicensed driver all they do is to give them a ticket and tow the car away, no jail, years ago i was rear ended on my work truck by an unlicensed/uninsured driver, my boss got tired of chasing the guy and ended up paying out of his pocket to fix the truck, consider yourself lucky, at least the guy had some kind of insurance.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Ugh that totally sucks, so many of them where I live too, you can always tell cuz they drive so SLOW!
Good thing it didn't do more damage!
Though that may be a non-issues, I've had fender benders before with very little damage- troopers don't like those!

I know this may be a little inappropriate for this thread but you mentioned you got a new exhaust...what did you get? Was it custom?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
streetersam said:
Ugh that totally sucks, so many of them where I live too, you can always tell cuz they drive so SLOW!
Good thing it didn't do more damage!
Though that may be a non-issues, I've had fender benders before with very little damage- troopers don't like those!

I know this may be a little inappropriate for this thread but you mentioned you got a new exhaust...what did you get? Was it custom?
Hey streetersam,

It was a new OEM exhaust the other one snapped off at the muffler from rust. No customs on that piece :D

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
the rigs totaled, sell me the clineometer....and replace the trooper with a pu't sticker b4 shipping.

Crappy luck man...but hey could be a window too. My re-ender got me rims and tires :D

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
That sucks... Time to get some real bumper push bars instead!

·
Registered
645 Posts
Sorry to hear about that..

looks like it could of been worse with out the push bar bumper.

at least your getting it fixed and hopefully some extra money....

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Ruination said:
X2! Get rid of that damage multiplier and get a metal bumper.

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
Hatfield said:
Ruination said:
you guys beat me to it!!! Think about how awesome it will be when people bump into you and damage their car as your car sits there undamaged.

·
Premium Member
4,350 Posts
Med!c said:
Hatfield said:
Ruination said:
you guys beat me to it!!! Think about how awesome it will be when people bump into you and damage their car as your car sits there undamaged.
My roommate smashed into the back of my trooper and put a huge dent in his 87F150's bumper. He was so pissed that mine was harder than his... yeah I realized what I just said. He hit the piece that protects the spare tire.

cheers
-Ian :blackeye:

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks all I too have been looking at the solid steel bumpers, I really would have loved to have one when they hit me. It would have been great to run outside look at my truck with no damage, and look at their car all smashed up, shrug my shoulders and go back inside lol.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
TrooperBeast00 said:
Thanks all I too have been looking at the solid steel bumpers, I really would have loved to have one when they hit me. It would have been great to run outside look at my truck with no damage, and look at their car all smashed up, shrug my shoulders and go back inside lol.
+1 also laugh and say good job dip ****

·
Premium Member
4,350 Posts
TrooperBeast00 said:
I know my main priority is to protect the body of the truck. However, having these solid bumpers cause the same damage, when the accident is your fault, so do drive defnsively.

cheers
-Ian :blackeye:

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
RedStar said:
That does suck man, any chance you could take the insurance money to buy a new steel bumper for the shop to put on?
Hey RedStar that thought crossed my mind everyday after I saw the check from the insurance company, but then I realized that would open up a whole new financial hole. Only because I am a stickler for needing everything to match and balance out so if I got a steel bumper for the rear then an ARB would be a must up front, and I don't have $850 to spend on it :( Maybe down to road, but for now a whole new freshly painted OEM bumper is a nice thought in my mind. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts