Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
Nice looking stang. Cobra R parts I see. I'd ditch the body kit myself, what size rims are those? Awesome mileage on that thing too and gorgeous interior. Makes me miss mine, is that a 5spd?

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Griz said:
And the reason the Amigo is for sale...

1999 Mustang GT, 34.8K original miles... Fun as hell to drive...
To each his own.

You couldn't get me to trade my trooper for that.

Well, unless I sold the mustang for enough money to buy a better trooper. LOL

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RamAirZ said:
Nice looking stang. Cobra R parts I see. I'd ditch the body kit myself, what size rims are those? Awesome mileage on that thing too and gorgeous interior. Makes me miss mine, is that a 5spd?
It is a 5 speed. The Cobra R parts are part of the reason I bought it. I would have added them anyway if I had bought a stock bodied one anyways so I'm just that farther ahead. I have always been a fan of the Cobra R. Couldn't beat the mileage and price at $9500. I've been looking for a Mustang since the first of the year. This was a deal I could not pass up. The drive train is basically stock with just a K&N filter and a Flowmaster exhaust installed. He also installed Baer brakes on the front. A very nice starting point.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Selador said:
To each his own.

As you said, to each his own. I've owned Zu's since 1987 and I'm ready to move on. Parts availability are driving me nuts and I just don't play in the dirt that much any more. But I have 2 race tracks within 45 miles on me that have track days and I have always wanted to have a Mustang to go play with. My son has a BMW and we are now trash talikng each other. Can't wait to take him to a track and settle it.

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
Gotcha, are you going to put the wing on too? I'd look at putting the wheels on too and get yourself some 10.5-11's out back. When I bought my '95 GT vert it had 90K original miles and spotless, wasn't looking for a Mustang at the time but couldn't pass it up either for the price. The Baer brakes are a very nice upgrade, what size? 13"? Never been a big Cobra R look fan myself but it's a real clean car, :thumbright: You'll probably be looking at low 14's-high 13's at the track with it right now. I've got an 1/8 mile track just up the road from me, I love going to the dragstrip. We are looking for a 67/68 Fastback for the wife right now to start building

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RamAirZ said:
Gotcha, are you going to put the wing on too? I'd look at putting the wheels on too and get yourself some 10.5-11's out back. When I bought my '95 GT vert it had 90K original miles and spotless, wasn't looking for a Mustang at the time but couldn't pass it up either for the price. The Baer brakes are a very nice upgrade, what size? 13"? Never been a big Cobra R look fan myself but it's a real clean car, :thumbright: You'll probably be looking at low 14's-high 13's at the track with it right now. I've got an 1/8 mile track just up the road from me, I love going to the dragstrip. We are looking for a 67/68 Fastback for the wife right now to start building
The wheels on it now are 18x9 and the front and 18x10 on the back. The tires are Goodyear F1s 245/40ZR18s on all four corners. I'm going to put 18x9 and 18x10 Anthracite Bullits on it with BFG (always have been a BFG fan) g-Force sports 255/35ZR18 on the front and 275/35ZR18 on the rear. That is supposed to be a very capable package on this car. I'll use the set thats on there now for the track until the tires are gone.

The brakes are 13" slotted Baers on the front and 13" slotted rotors in the rear with stock Ford calipers. I'll put Baers on the back when I get the money. Those things aren't cheap.

And no wing. I like the looks of it but I really like the stock spoiler in it. It's more spolier that wing and I like the way it looks back there.

I would love an older Mustang but here junk goes for way too much and decent ones are beyond me. There was a '67 notchback for $7000 for sale in decent shape but had 150K miles on it. I likes the 34k better.

The only real problem with this car is I'm used to flying over speed bumps and such and used to laugh at those who had to go slow over them and now I'm one on those people. :shock:

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
LOL ya it's alot different going from the Amigo to that as far as being careful. I did offroad my Camaro once but it was a "have to" thing to jump a girl's truck in the middle of the night. Bullits will look good, I'm a fan of the FR500's myself.

The one thing I have a love/hate with on that body style are the fender flares. Like your current wheels, alot of times the rims people put on tuck too far underneath IMO. Good plan on the wing, I think they look good on the real thing when it's a track car, but not a fan of them on anything else. There is a yellow V6 in town with nothing but the Cobra R wing and it's hideous. We're not looking for a DD or anything out of the mustang when we find one, it's going to be a rebuild and complete resto-mod. We found an almost finished GT500 replica with a 429 CJ in it for 15K that we are eyeing right now. More than we were thinking about spending but if no body/frame work needs done it'd be a good investment. No matter what you do with yours I'm sure your going to love it, nothing like driving a muscle/sports car, and even better that yours is gorgeous as it sits

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
OMG :shock:

that is mean looking! :twisted:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
RamAirZ said:
LOL ya it's alot different going from the Amigo to that as far as being careful. I did offroad my Camaro once but it was a "have to" thing to jump a girl's truck in the middle of the night. Bullits will look good, I'm a fan of the FR500's myself.

The one thing I have a love/hate with on that body style are the fender flares. Like your current wheels, alot of times the rims people put on tuck too far underneath IMO. Good plan on the wing, I think they look good on the real thing when it's a track car, but not a fan of them on anything else. There is a yellow V6 in town with nothing but the Cobra R wing and it's hideous. We're not looking for a DD or anything out of the mustang when we find one, it's going to be a rebuild and complete resto-mod. We found an almost finished GT500 replica with a 429 CJ in it for 15K that we are eyeing right now. More than we were thinking about spending but if no body/frame work needs done it'd be a good investment. No matter what you do with yours I'm sure your going to love it, nothing like driving a muscle/sports car, and even better that yours is gorgeous as it sits
Very nice ride. I'm thinking of looking at a '96 GT for my wife. It's stock but I don't know the mileage yet. He wants $3200 for it.

FR500s would be my second choice. I love the look of those wheels too. I agree about the fender wells. If the Bullits mount the same as the Hot Wheels I might add small spacers to make it look right.

As to the wing, I have seen the same thing you have, but this was a Fox body (Probably an '85) notch with a Cobra R wing. Add to that some really hideous body work... no sense at all there. :shock:

A GT500 replica with a 429 CJ? 15K? Doesn't sound too bad.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
This was the wifes 95 opal frost from 2 years ago.It had some hideous mach 1 style rims on it when we bought it.I pronply dumped them because they were fugly and sat to far inward.
added some 18x8 fronts and 18x10 rears.
car needed to be lowered but the rears rims/tires sat perfectly.

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
We moved here a little over a year ago. We lived in San Diego for a few years. I think some spacers would look nice on there if they mount like the HOT Wheels rims. Ya we didn't think the price on it was bad either, still talking about it right now.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
88BamaTrooper said:
This was the wifes 95 opal frost from 2 years ago.It had some hideous mach 1 style rims on it when we bought it.I pronply dumped them because they were fugly and sat to far inward.
added some 18x8 fronts and 18x10 rears.
car needed to be lowered but the rears rims/tires sat perfectly.

Looks very nice!!

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Griz said:
Selador said:
To each his own.

As you said, to each his own. I've owned Zu's since 1987 and I'm ready to move on. Parts availability are driving me nuts and I just don't play in the dirt that much any more. But I have 2 race tracks within 45 miles on me that have track days and I have always wanted to have a Mustang to go play with. My son has a BMW and we are now trash talikng each other. Can't wait to take him to a track and settle it.
:thumbright:

·
Registered
556 Posts
Had a 95 back in the day, it was a blast! I wish I had the funds to pick up your Amigo when you let it go. I hope you stick around and keep giving people good advice. Have fun with the 'stang! Track days ae always fun.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
grobrooks said:
Had a 95 back in the day, it was a blast! I wish I had the funds to pick up your Amigo when you let it go. I hope you stick around and keep giving people good advice. Have fun with the 'stang! Track days ae always fun.
Thanks. I'm not going away soon. Even when the Amigo is gone I'll stick around. This is really a great community. I think I have found one in the Mustang world like this one too with lotsa knowledge and people who really love thier cars.

By the way, the Zuk in the first picture is mine too ( I have way to many vehicles at the moment). Project for down the road.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Thats a nice looking Stang.

I will say this, Bullits just wouldnt work right with that Cobra R looking body on it. The lines of the wheels would clash with the body. The FR500's are a good choice, and you can also get Ford GT wheels that I think would look good.

My personal choice, if not the GT wheels would be... 2010 GT500 style wheels, and/or the new Boss 302S wheels from Ford Racing. Both are a similar style split 5 spoke.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts