Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Preface:
For those that don't know, I am in the process of moving from SC to WAin support of my upcoming deployment. I shipped my vx to kc,mo.

Last week I took the wife and her RS wheeling in tuttle creek,ks, thevideos are on my FB and utube.

Yesterday I headed out for washington with the vx jam packed,sans backseats. I bought a new kicker solobaric 10L3, damn it hits har now.

Anyway, I drove 750 miles yesteday to georgetown,co. I deided to play isuzu bingo to keep my sanity. Even playing with only myself (that was for tom) I still lost. 1000 miles,only 7 zus. 4 rodeos, a pup, a trooper and an impulse. Very sad.

The vx ran like a champ. She took her medicine (1qrt oil) like a big girl. I have been qadding lucas oil every fill up. I got 15-16mpg except the last tank from georgetown to grand junction, 19.7mpg!!!

I will have an exact cargo weight when I get to washington, I woud guess somewhere round 600lbs.

I am here in moab alone, droe around till I found some well built imports. I am now tagging along with some yotas for the weekend!

I would like to give special thanks to verizon for providing 99% 3g coverage on I70 all the way to loveland pass. Also shout out to pandora and the ability to stream music to my headunit via bluetooth. I may have died otherwise, my sirius expired last month.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
I bought a new kicker solobaric 10L3, damn it hits har now.
I have no idea what this means (yes, I could google it), but in Minnesota a "kicker" is a small auxiliary outboard motor for trolling for fish, because the big motor can't idle down slow enough for proper trolling. I'm guessing you are not referring to boat motors.

That's quite a move, on corner of the country to the other. Good idea to hit some places along the way.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Have fun Marlin! Looks like cooler weather for a while here in Charleston, gonna be cool in URE this weekend. This will be Blackies first trip.

ernie

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
marlin said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O_WaqTUvLs

thanks for the video... you forgot to engage your lockers :D

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, Hell's revenge in the dark is no joke. No major damage, I did everything the two SASed yotas did. Only thing I can find, another torn boot on front prop shaft and the front third pinion seal is leaking. I can live with that.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
11hrs in the hotseat today, almost full tank of gas. We did elephant hill. I proudly represented team isuzu! I dominated evry obstacle. The trucks I was with were all 3ft off the ground, dual lockers, and my vx is a hotwheel next to them. When we were done, they were sold on the vx and said "damn, u can drive!" While they spun tires and hopped ledges, I crawled them....in style;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts