Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well this is the first winter with the amigo and I'm not impressed with the heater at all. Just had a new thermostat installed and the gauge runs just a bit on the cool side of dead center (same as the old stat). The Amigo has a hard top and I have the covers over the sun roofs. It was zero out when I left for work and after a 20 min drive it was only 30 inside. On the way home it was about 7 above out and I was only getting 108 degree heat out of the center vents. My buddy has a hard top Geo Tracker and we went for a short drive today and the thing will cook out out! Are the Amigos hard to heat or do I have something else going on? BTW coolant level is good.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
I would be willing to bet if all that other stuff is good that you may have to replace the actual heater core, they do plug up and tend to not produce heat. That happened on my old 86. Replaced the core and the heater is fantastic now. Be careful not to overheat if you use the cardboard idea above. It works for sure but watch the heat. The temp gauge on most Isuzu's that I have seen rarely go past 1/3 and produce lots of heat.

·
Registered
268 Posts
This may sound dumb and you've prolly already checked it but is your anti-freeze low? Just a thought.

·
Registered
217 Posts
second the notion of the plugged core. you might also check to see if the heater door is closing completely-it has a cable that controls it. if the cable breaks or comes loose you get no heat. just remove the glove box and you can monitor the movement of the little cables/doors and other stuff back there while moving the controls on the dash.

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
It would be easy to pull the heater hoses and take a hose and back wash the heater core to. It will push out some of the crud and give you an idea of how plugged up it is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts