Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just passed emissions with my Rodeo. The interesting thing is my conversation with the genius tester. It's a good thing these testing sites don't take much brains to operate. I roll in there and hand him my renewal notice and tries his best to look all smart and proceeds to tell me I should have a 2.4 or 2.7L engine. "It says "v6" on the fender, so it must be one of those" I tell him, noooo, it's a 3.2L. He proceeds to disagree with me. When I calmly reassure him that my engine is a 3.2L he asks me to pop the hood so he can look. HA! I think, the dumbass will be set straight.......nope. He closes the hood and tells me I have a 3.5L :-\

Ok, technically, I DO have a 3.5L but there is no way in heck he can know I have changed out the lower end internals. I ask him how he came to that conclusion. He says the emission sticker says 3.5L. Check the script on your glasses pal, because it says 3.2L. I then tell him that no Rodeo's for this year ever came with a 3.5L and the 3.5L is a Trooper engine......I gave up. If the doofus won't listen to a guy who's had this engine in and out twice, there's no hope. I just shook my head and took my pass certificate and left.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
The guy that tested my trooper actually thought mine was a mercedes! :albino:

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
LOL gotta love emissions monkeys. Only time I've had an issue like that was with the Napa parts monkey. Kept telling me there was no way my rodeo had a D44 axle in it.

Emissions is fun with my rodeo since they do the roller test here. My rear locker doesnt like it and will keep locking/unlocking which throws the whole truck side to side. Was really fun this last time. For some reason the locker unlocked both sides when it got on the rollers. Dude when to start the test and and nothing happened for a second then "WHAM" both side locked in and the tires squealed. He thought he broke something.

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
There's nothing like the sound of a set of LTBs on the rollers during an emissions test doing 30mph. It sounds like a helicopter doing a heavy lift inside the building. I kid you not, there were people walking out of other businesses in the strip to find out what was going on. It's also a little worrisome to see the wiggle of those big bias ply tires, even at that low speed.

-Tad

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
yea getting some parts people to under stand there are S-10s that are OE with a Isuzu 1.9L gas or 2.2L diesel is a challenge. :blackeye:

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We don't have dyno or tailpipe testing here for any car 96 and up. They just plug into the OBD2 port and I just drive over the dyno when they are done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.