Isuzu SUV Forum banner
61 - 80 of 83 Posts
Discussion starter · #61 ·
foytiX said:
I'm leaning more and more towards how you did your fenders. Versus putting the flares back on. PS if you didn't know yet, your rides up for the Jan ROTM. ;-)
thanks. i hadn't seen it. after the first thread went downhill real quick i stopped checking. didn't even know there was another thread on january's ROTM

Stealing the hockey puck idea as well, just ordered some :D

:lol: there's going to be a spike in hockey puck sales :lol:

any hits on the Trooper?

Discussion starter · #64 ·
foytiX said:
:lol: there's going to be a spike in hockey puck sales :lol:

any hits on the Trooper?
few tire kickers. nobody serious. just changed plugs and wires saturday

Hi, question on the hockey puck BL. With 1", is there any problems with steering linkage, electrical, fuel, etc? In other words, is there enough "slack" in everything to just sit slightly higher?

Love this build.

Discussion starter · #66 ·
Tatohead said:
Hi, question on the hockey puck BL. With 1", is there any problems with steering linkage, electrical, fuel, etc? In other words, is there enough "slack" in everything to just sit slightly higher?

Love this build.
yeah, plenty of slack for everything.

you and "Kozak" work a deal out?

Great looking Trooper man!
I had a question about the hockey puck lift also. Did you have to replace all the through bolts or were the stock bolts long enough?

Use the front six bolts in the back, you will need to get 6 new bolts for the front.

Discussion starter · #70 ·
foytiX said:
you and "Kozak" work a deal out?
going to talk to him on the phone this weekend sometime. We might just swap transmissions and everything else to make them work.

Whew, that's some work :lol:

Yep, we'll be looking for a central location with heat and volunteers. Drive in one day swap the trannies and out the next day.

Any Volunteers??????

You both realize some metal frabrication is in order, right? Not saying it can't be done, but it would suck to not finish in time.

I was under the impression that if we park them next to each other, everything needed would be on the other vehical. Might have to dig for more info this weekend.

Yes read some of the posts where people have made the swap. The frames are specific to the trans. The cross members won't just bolt and go. It's still doable, but you'll need some fab skills or someone with. Even then it's a big undertaking and I would hate to only have 1 or 2 days to complete it.

Discussion starter · #77 ·
I have fab skills. I can weld, cut, etc. I hadn't thought about the trans crossmember. I'm guessing that would be the only thing that's not bolt-on?

Off the top of my head we would have to swap out:
1) transmissions
2) driveshafts
3) center console and shifters
4) ECMs

Anyone think of anything else, aside from building and welding in new crossmembers?

Discussion starter · #78 ·
willbethune said:
That's a dope ride I want a 2gen more than anything. I saw your trooper on craigslist the other day, I with I had a automatic to trade with you haha. If your interested in a 88 troop or 89 camery plus some cash let me know!
sorry. really looking for an auto. and since i've had a gen 2, i don't think i'm going back to a gen 1. i'm 6'7" and love the extra room in mine.....and not to mention the rear link suspension

Why the ECM's? Not sure if our ECM's are swapable.

61 - 80 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.