Isuzu SUV Forum banner
41 - 60 of 83 Posts
great looking rig man. i think it looked better with the 35s tho :)

Discussion starter · #44 ·
A few updates.

I removed my front swaybar to try and force my IFS to work harder.

I thought it would sway a whole lot......and it does. But it doesn't sway near as bad as an old Jeep Cherokee XJ I had in college.

Discussion starter · #45 ·
A little damage from the last Uwharrie trip. I didn't even notice it for a few weeks. Guess I have to build some sliders now.

Discussion starter · #46 ·
And last update:

Last night I traded a guy my 33x10.50 BFGKM2s for his 35x12.50 KM2s. Soon I will be adding a 1" body lift to stop the rubbing. It only rubs at full lock when cycling the front suspension up. They fill up the fender wells better than the 33s.

Discussion starter · #47 ·
Just picked up 13 hockey pucks for $5 on craigslist. They even came with a little bag made of black netting. Drilling the center holes soon and adding the 1" body lift.

You have any problems running 35's, along with your lift? I feel like the CV's would self-destruct if I even thought about putting 35's on there...

You don't have a diff drop do ya?

Looks badass though, I really really want to do this after I rob that bank...

Discussion starter · #49 ·
No, no diff drop. I've needed to replace my driver side CV for a while now, boots have been torn since I lifted it and the CV started making sounds a couple months ago. I'm avoiding it as long as possible. I'm hoping it lasts through the Uwharrie trip on 12-15 and then I'll have till April to replace it.

Discussion starter · #50 ·
Drilled the center holes last night in preparation for this coming weekend. Also, going to do a few slight paint scheme changes.

Discussion starter · #51 ·
Put on the 1" body lift this weekend. Didn't get around to putting the bumpers back on until Monday and Tuesday. I went ahead and painted them while they were off.

Lining up and drilling new holes for the front bumper.

Had to trim about an inch off the bottom of the front bumper to get it to clear everything.

Discussion starter · #52 ·
Paint scheme change:

Before:

After:

Gloss black bumpers and a little white background with gloss black letters for the emblem. I was tired of the flat black look against my not-flat-black of the bed armor on the flares.

Closeup:

LOL I love the hockey puck lift idea, I'm going to have to borrow that if you don't mind. Yours looks alot like I envision my 95 turning out. Lucky you for the 5 speed though.

Discussion starter · #54 ·
foytiX said:
LOL I love the hockey puck lift idea, I'm going to have to borrow that if you don't mind. Yours looks alot like I envision my 95 turning out. Lucky you for the 5 speed though.
haha, i actually would prefer an auto right now. i'm sick of swapping car seats. my wife can't/refuses to learn how to drive a stick.

cragslist is my friend, $5 for all of them. if you ever come towards the raleigh area, we should get together and chat troopers or go wheeling

JBsTrooper said:
my wife can't/refuses to learn how to drive a stick. if you ever come towards the raleigh area, we should get together and chat troopers or go wheeling
hahaha my wife's the same way, only she knows how just refuses to do it :shock: , same thing goes if you ever come to the coast dude Trooper talk and wheeling.

Discussion starter · #56 ·
foytiX said:
JBsTrooper said:
my wife can't/refuses to learn how to drive a stick. if you ever come towards the raleigh area, we should get together and chat troopers or go wheeling
hahaha my wife's the same way, only she knows how just refuses to do it :shock: , same thing goes if you ever come to the coast dude Trooper talk and wheeling.
roger

Dude, you selling her? Planning on getting another Isuzu I hope ;)

Discussion starter · #58 ·
foytiX said:
Dude, you selling her? Planning on getting another Isuzu I hope ;)
I get a wild hair every now and then and sort of try to sell her. If someone gives me asking then I'm going to start a build on a 98+ with an automatic, or another 95-97 would work too

Hahaha, I was cruising craigslist and said to myself I know that trooper :lol:
You should put it in the classified section as well, more Isuzu nuts on here ya know ;)

I'm leaning more and more towards how you did your fenders. Versus putting the flares back on. PS if you didn't know yet, your rides up for the Jan ROTM. ;-)

41 - 60 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.