Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know what really bugs me.
When people have issues with there rigs and ask questions in search of fixing there problem and then all of the sudden , there gone.
Its like, did we fix it?
Im hate it when you spend all this time to help someone and they never let you know the outcome.
its like having a girlbreak up with you without telling you.
No closure.
Bummer.
just my rants and raves.
Damn this Mikey tastes good after 3 hrs of skateboarding with the 33 yr old mans body.LOL :roll:

·
Premium Member
3,580 Posts
I guess you could call what follows a ‘Point-Counterpoint’ sort of thing…

I met a really nice guy in Uwharrie one time…
(for the purposes of this story, I’ll call him ‘TrooperFellow’, or ‘TF’ for short).

A few months after meeting him (and a little while after he had visited us here at Villa de Smiley), TF posted a question about his Trooper on one of the forums â€" to which a few people posted some replies…

Time passed â€" with no response from TF…

More time passed â€" and still no reply from TF…

After a very long silence, one of the people that had provided some helpful information posted a message that stated (rather abruptly) how displeased they were that TF hadn’t even bothered to say ‘Thanks’ â€" and went on to add something like ‘If I go to the trouble of answering your question, the least you could do is…’

Anyway, you get the idea.

A couple-or-so weeks after that, TF finally replied…

His father had been gravely ill (I don’t recall now, but he may have even died) â€" and TF had not had internet access while he was out of town caring for his father… nor, understandably, was his Trooper very much of a priority during that time.

TF took great offense that someone would post such a mean-spirited message about his ‘apparent’ lack of appreciation… So much so, that he announced that this would be his last message, closed his user account, and he hasn't been heard from since.

While I personally think that TF overreacted, I have to admit that I do understand why he felt the way that he did… After all, his father’s heath was infinitely more important than his Trooper’s â€" and the attitude of the respondent completely failed to take into account the possibility that there might have been a damned good reason why he hadn’t replied.

Let me stress:
I’m NOT saying that you don’t have a valid point…

Oftentimes a thread will die-off without the original poster giving an update, a resolution, or even a brief ‘thank you’…

But try to bear in mind that sometimes there might be a good reason for it. --- It might be a family emergency, or even a simple (or not-so-simple) computer problem.

Despite how much time and effort I usually put into typing-up most of my messages - I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, just in case.

Cheers!
Smiley

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I completely agree.
There are many factors involved in peoples life and some of those factoras disallow one from getting to a computer ,etc.
I was just , and simply this, explaining a pet peeve.
This is in no way a direct comment on any one user at any one time.

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
I have to say I agree with tuner. It's a pet peeve of mine too.

I'm not going to flame anyone because they don't come on and thank those that helped or give updates about their situation.

But I believe we all agree that the situation with Trooper fella is the exception and not the rule. I also agree that he over reacted.

It's for these reasons that I don't flame or fuss, just offer help and go on.

Joe

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hear ya joe.
i will always continue to use these forums and others , and always try and help people .
I enjoy doing that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
tuner-automotive said:
You know what really bugs me.
When people have issues with there rigs and ask questions in search of fixing there problem and then all of the sudden , there gone.
Its like, did we fix it?
Im hate it when you spend all this time to help someone and they never let you know the outcome.
its like having a girlbreak up with you without telling you.
No closure.
Bummer.
In response to that, I will gladly promise that if any Trooper fans can tell me how to figure out my ABS light problem http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?t=5322, I promise not to break up without telling you! :lol:

·
Registered
89 Posts
tuner:
i hate that too
on all mine (if successful or not)i try to write back
it's a royal pain the the *** when someone has the same problem as you and you have 1.5 million ways to fix it, and they wont tell you what it turned out to be
did that make sense?
sorry for the venting

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I like when a guy posts a question. Here is my email send me the answer. I didn't search and I am never coming back :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
maxwell417 said:
I like when a guy posts a question. Here is my email send me the answer. I didn't search and I am never coming back :roll: :lol:
:lol:

I dare you to post that in Pirate Chit Chat :D or in Gen 4x4

Wid the question: What size tires will fit on my CJ (fit other Heep sub model of your choice) :lol:

Ohhh, the drama :D

Cheers,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.