Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked this up for a cheap car for the wife to drive and well its going to be customized....

just added a Rage Powersports roof rack last night... not bad for less than 200 bucks... needed one quick and dont have the time to weld one up...

thats my wife finishing up tightening her side of the rack..

future mods include an engine swap, body drop and air bag suspension

btw the engine i want to drop in this ive built before and it will be a real screamer...

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
when i get back from Cali ima pull that rack off, replace the support bars with some better stuff and weld it all together... the lil plastic bases suck and i dont trust the hardware they supplied me with... all in due time

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I'm more than interested in seeing how this turns out, so many people lift and such, it'll be nice and fresh to see one lowered and done right. Definitely paying attention to this one! Love the roof rack btw :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mediamonkey11 said:
I'm more than interested in seeing how this turns out, so many people lift and such, it'll be nice and fresh to see one lowered and done right. Definitely paying attention to this one! Love the roof rack btw :)
it will be getting minor things done to it for the time being.... until i get the wife another vehicle and my Scion is finished.... may pick her up a 4x4 2nd Gen Rodeo because this one has really impressed me...

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lil minor update.... getting it ready for a cross country haul installed a secondary fuel tank *not attached to the fuel system but its for back up*... lil 14 gallon gravity fed jerry can.... pretty damn sweet if i say so myself

just one lil mod that everyone can "steal" because dammit its a useful one

and the busted out window is a result from the freak tornadoes we had in NC back in April... still waiting for the glass place to get my window in....

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The ride quality in this thing sucks.... 3500 miles in a week and my boys are hurtin and the seats are built like a concrete park bench.... Good thing I have modifications in mind for this bastard....

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Hmmm, what sidewall rating do you have? Ride shouldn't be too bad...

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don't know... Really don't care right now.... I just want to see my nice queen sized pillowtpo mattress..... I refuse to drive something this small cross country again...

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
BigRuss said:
I refuse to drive something this small cross country again...
This small??? Gotta be bigger then your Scion; and the rodeo's bigger then most mid sized suv's in it's class for the time it was built.

We've driven cross country in our rodeo more times then I can remember, it's always been very well suitable, even with 2 dogs in the back, 4 people, and a truck/roof top full of gear.

Sounds like your truck's interior is worn out, i.e no cushioning left to the seats, or the ride quality for that matter.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
360k on the body and interior.... sooo as soon as i "recover" ima start ripping the interior apart and redoing the seats....

btw enjoy this picture from the 4 corners

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well pulled one of the heads today.... just what i thought.... carbon build up from hell on the exhaust ports and gummed all to hell on the intake side..... sooo tomorrow gonna pull the other head and gonna take them to get cleaned professionally... then gonna polish them in the garage....

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
heads done.... and its running better.... now to find the parasitic battery drain.... have a feeling its in the dash...

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i know this isnt Isuzu related but ive hit a wall with my C10.... what do you guys think should i leave it as is and throw some new wheels and tires on it OR make an 88-98 GM FS front suspension fit and lift it up bout 7 inches and throw some 32's on it?

and by 32's i mean tires.... not into the whole ghetto-fabulous blinged out rides

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
heres my last toy i built..... and yes it did see some off road time in SoCal while i was there

after playing around on the family farm land....

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well Friday the 16th the Zu got wrecked.... twice...... my stepdaughter decided she wanted to "run away from bullies at school" and took the ZU out to Aberdeen NC while everyone else was fast asleep.. first accident supposedly had no damage done to either vehicle... BUT this happened during the second one with an Infiniti...

sorry for the crappy cell pics.... ill have better pics when i pick it up

i havent picked it up from the Impound yard yet because were in the middle of packin up the house to move.... priced it out just for the new front end is gonna run me less than 1000 bucks (which is damn near what i payed for it) not to mention fixing the suspension.... but the wife loves this truck so ima rebuild it so within the next month or so expect to see this thread become a lot more active.... full front sheet metal, possible lift (wife shot down the air bag idea), new wiring in places....

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Nice looking Rodeo. That is the exact roof rack I am looking at for mine actually. Looks like it may be a little on the long side since I have a sun roof though. Have to take some measurements. I see them on Amazon for 100 shipped! Great deal!
Hope you can get it all fixed up

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks... i picked up that rack for 240 at Discountramps.com and hopefully ima be moving into this house we have been lookin at which has a 2 car garage so i can rip it apart

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hate to see the truck got wrecked man. Hope you can get it back to good soon. Noticed in your profile you were 22, but you've got a step daughter who can drive? This sounds like a story we need to hear!

I'm liking the extra fuel tank too, would definitely come in handy on the next trip to Moab.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
RedStar said:
Hate to see the truck got wrecked man. Hope you can get it back to good soon. Noticed in your profile you were 22, but you've got a step daughter who can drive? This sounds like a story we need to hear!

I'm liking the extra fuel tank too, would definitely come in handy on the next trip to Moab.
My wife is a bit older than me... And the one who stole it is 13... Yeah hopefully in the next few months RockAuto and CalMini are gonna be my best friends.... I've got some good plans for this beast

1 - 20 of 38 Posts