Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this morning i started my 94 trooper and it was a bit slow. in the afternoon on my way home when i started it, it started even slower, and when i got home i tried it again and it didnt even turn over. i checked the battery with a volt-ohm meter and it said 11 volts, so i charged the battery up. when i tried it again after the VOM read 12 volts, it turned over once, then stopped. is something wrong with the battery or is there something else? thanks

·
Registered
149 Posts
Have your battery load tested. Most auto parts stores will do it for free. You should be getting more than 11-12 volts on a fully-charged battery.

Tom

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I just went through something similar. (96 Rodeo) Are there any lights on on the dash? My alternator went and the ABS/Airbag light came on first. Might be a direction to look in.

I shut mine off after the lights came on and it would not restart. Would not turn over at all. Jumped it and ran it like h&ll on the way home (3 miles) pulled in driveway and died. Had to jump it again to get it in the garage.

Alternator rebuilt and running fine. Auto parts store will check that too. That is how we found out-it just drug their machine down. $68 for a rebuild in this area.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it turned out the starter went bad :( 600$ later i have a well-running trooper. but if this happens to you, make sure you run it for at least 20 miles (don't ask me why the shop told me to). it has something to do with replenishing the battery, i don't know why theyre linked but i do what im told :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
This sounds like the problem i have with my 93 trooper LS right now.

I had a wild hair on my *** and decided to take it off-roading on a friday night. So a few mud puddles and 40 minutes later I started heading back to my house when i noticed the interiour lights/gauges flickering, especially when i applied the brakes. got home fine and called it a night thinking i would take the trooper to get it washed tomorrow. next morning though, the trooper would hear nothing of it. it wouldn't crank or turn over at all. all power was lost as well, nothing worked, no lights no radio came on nothing.

anyways i had a friend try to give me a jump thinking maybe it was just a dead battery, nope. with jumper cables attached all it would do is crank/turnover once and stop. I'm lost, i'd hate to go out and start buying parts to a problem i can't single out.

any ideas? like your truck, Maytime, it sounds like my starter may have died and killed my batter as well somehow. i don't doubt some of the water i got all up in there could have done that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.