Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple months ago, I picked up a nice $600 Rodeo w/ 170k miles. It's red, sort of faded to a "pink" color, covered in dents and some rust.

Good news: it had a brand new clutch, new tires, and a bunch of good stuff replaced.

The first thing I had to do: Paint that ugly faded rear trim.

Adhesion promoter and plastic paint:

And, bam! MUCH better.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Just to let you know, I haven't forgot about your knobs. I should be driving down to that part of town soon. :lol:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
94Rodayo4x4 said:
Just to let you know, I haven't forgot about your knobs. I should be driving down to that part of town soon. :lol:
Ha, no problem! :)
Actually, I'll be up near you tomorrow @ a boy scouts event if you want to meet up afterwards or something,

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The next thing I did was drill a 3/4" hole through the roof :shock:

... For my 18" VHF 2way radio antenna

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Decided the rear bumper has to go!

EVERY bolt broke off while taking them off with the impact & I destroyed the plastic end caps trying to get them free

No idea what to do yet... I checked my old Smittybilt Jeep bumper that has a tire carrier, hoping to get lucky.
They only run about 54" wide so it's quite goofy-looking behind the wider Rodeo
The goal is to have something beefy, with a hitch and maybe a hi-lift mount. I'll probably start fabricating one pretty soon

The truck has Outlaw aluminum wheels, so I sold the stock spare tire, lol.

(also.. added a planet sticker :wink: )

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
So this rodeo is my rodeo's friend.

It's a good looking 92 and I'm looking forward to seeing it become good. D is a cool guy too.

End exciting post. Haha.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Having decided that one Rodeo is not enough, I drove 350 miles round trip to save what's left of a '96 from a fellow forum member. :D
Got there and - IT RUNS! 3 tires off the beads, dead battery, but it certainly runs & drives. Getting it on the trailer was a ton of fun.

After the sun went down, the highway turned into a nightmare of black ice... cars spun out everywhere... so I managed to escape the traffic jam for a pit stop and snapped a picture

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Day 2 and 3 on the project '96:

Replaced the valve stems, aired up the tires, and ran a cycle on the battery with my fancy CTEK charger.
The front end collision caused some bad stuff with the core support and fan, so I did a little work on that. This thing actually drives better than the 92.

But in all seriousness, I'm not going to fix it up. It may be hard to see - but here's why:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Day 4:

Still haven't decided what to do with the 2nd Rodeo. BUT I decided to steal a couple things I've been wanting:

Roof speakers! and Cargo Cover!
Got those removed today, along with all the interior panels & brackets to make them work in the 92.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
I need to come down and see your new Rodeo... so i can pick out the parts I want. HAHAHAHAHA :mrgreen:

You are so lucky with the cargo cover! Looks like I need to hurry before you steal ALL the good stuff :D

We need to do some junkyard divin again. Maybe I won't lose my key's this time.... :shock:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
94Rodayo4x4 said:
ALL the good stuff :D
There's a sticker that says G80, that's good, right? :twisted:

Who needs a junkyard when ya have a back yard like mine (for real, I'm getting yelled at about bringing all this stuff home)

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
lagwagon said:
94Rodayo4x4 said:
ALL the good stuff :D
There's a sticker that says G80, that's good, right? :twisted:

Who needs a junkyard when ya have a back yard like mine (for real, I'm getting yelled at about bringing all this stuff home)
You know... I'll take that G80, You can buy lockers :twisted:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts