Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 1993 Rodeo. 155k miles, A/c works, some body dings. Fixed one coolant leak and another one started. Fixed that coolant leak then found out the weep hole on the water pump was leaking. Removed the timing belt cover and noticed 3 inches of slack in the belt. Firewall sticker said next the timing belt was due for replacement at 145k. Replaced the belt with an ITM version and a NTN hyd tensioner. The old tensioner wasnt even touching the pulley and you could compress it with you thumb by one hand.

Fixed all the timing components and noticed it runs alot better. "First timing belt" total pain in the ***. I'm use to chains. After replacing the belt I noticed it doesnt pop through the intake and has tons of more power. So I assume it jumped before replacing it. Still need to fix a few odds and ends. I did use Prestone coolant flush before fixing all the leaks. Didnt have to drain it when it leaks out by itself. Went out to the junkyard and got a Reese Class 3 Hitch for 25 bux. Installed that today, still need to tighten one bolt.

Pics coming in few days.

Stuff I have done since I had it.

Timing Belt/Water Pump Replace at 155K
Alternator Belt Replaced at 155K
Power Steering Pressure Hose at 155K
Ngk Spark Plugs at 155K
Rotella T6 Oil at 155K
Fram Tough Guard Oil Filter at 155K
Optima Red Top Battery at 155K
Replaced the coolant overflow tank at 155K
Reese Class 3 Hitch at 155K
Removed the cluster green bulb condoms 155K
Cleaned the trash from the blower motor at 155K
New 235/75/15 Mud & Snow Tires at 155K
Replaced the Power/Winter Switch at 155K

Front Brake Pads at 156K
Added Silverstar Ultra 9004 Bulbs at 156K
Purolator Fuel Filter at 156K
Replaced Fram Oil-F with K&N at 156K
Replaced 180 Thermostat with 170 at 156K
Replaced Radiator Cap at 156k

·
Registered
165 Posts
:violent3:

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Not too shabby!

:D

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
what's with the reserved thing? Good looking Rodeo, needs a little work but real nice start.

·
Banned
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RamAirZ said:
what's with the reserved thing? Good looking Rodeo, needs a little work but real nice start.
Meaning when I get to the maximum number of pictures or characters per reply, I still have a section to add stuff so it wont be 3 pages back...

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
interesting thought, I don't know what the max message is as I have never reached it and I post a ton of pics in single posts :lol: Just means anyone linked to your thread won't get an update when you post the pictures there or they will have to scan back to the front if someone replies, so in the end I think it's a wash either way you look at it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts