Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been on this site awhile an forgot to get my ride up here so here we go. It is a 91 LS with the 2.8 V-6 been in the family awhile my grandparents bought in 96 or so and gave it to my parents around 2000 and I got it in 2009 so this car has a lot of memories in it. So here are some pics of the first couple times I took it out still completely stock.

Attachments

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are a list of some mods that happened in 2012:

Custom rear bumper and Sliders my buddy Aaron made

New Falken Rocky Mountain ATS 30x9.5x15

removed my front swaybar

and replace my Isuzu auto hubs with Asisn manual hubs from Indy 4x

Attachments

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A few Trail pics

Attachments

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Dude those sliders are wicked sweet, nice ride. I love the 3 wheel shot.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
they are a little wide but give great protection

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got some shocks from a buddy the other day and got them on. Older never used Trailmasters. They really cleaned up the ride over the stock shocks.

Decided I hate post style shocks and will most likely be doing a conversion if not a relocation of my shocks with the lift. The nut on top of the first shock I did was stuck so bad I broke the top part of the post off that you use to hold the post in place trying to loosen it up. I ended up using almost half a bottle of freeze off and a chain wrench on the body of the shock to get the top nuts off. You can still see the freeze off on the ground the next morning in the pics of the new shocks.

These shocks are a stock +1 suggested length (13.5" - 23") so I am hopping they will work after my lift. When the truck is siting there they are maybe a little over 1/4 of the way out so I think they have plenty of room to extend out, if anything I think it would be more likely to bottom them out then over extend them.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
:D the red paint is really a nice touch 8) recon

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The new Indy4x lift, build detailed in another thread ( viewtopic.php?f=15&t=68376 ), sorry for some double posting I forgot I had this one.

New brake lines

Ball joint flip with 1/4" spacer and short bump stop

Photos of the kit wheeling to come this weekend!!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Finally got out and flex it a bit.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quick vid

[BBvideo 560,340:22ubz9lr]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5448b4TZ3A[/BBvideo]

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
That was great !! You made it through after some good air shots !! The reds grown in me :) it's a nice lookin machine..

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Final got my rear axles done. Got it done at Bills Englewood Driveshaft just outside Denver. Drop it off on a Monday and they had it ready for me Thursday but I couldn't get down to grab it till last Monday. We decided to keep a two piece but really beef it up. I wanted to keep my ground clearance and protect the shafts as much as I could. I am so happy with the results and can't wait to get my new shackles and shims and finish lifting this thing. Reinstall was easy and everything went on perfect.

Attachments

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
More pics

Attachments

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Last two pics

Attachments

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The main upgrade is where the two shafts meet, I needed/ wanted a system that could handle the increased angles with my lift. They replaced all the u- joints and carrier bearing and filled the carrier bearing with better lube that will last longer and hold the front shaft in place better eliminating the vibration I was getting off the line.

Now I can get my longer shackles for my leaf packs without worrying about busting my wornout drive line. I am also putting on 4* steel shims to get the rear axle and shaft to meet straighter.

He reused the Isuzu shafts because they are plenty strong.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.