Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Awesome! I'm so happy seeing your new truck on the Planet. I saw that rig on Offerup in Phoenix too but I ended up buying a 95 Rodeo. I loved my 4WD 93 Amigo that I had some years ago, wish I still had it, it was originally 2WD like yours but I swapped in a 6VD1 and 4WD from a scrapped 94 Rodeo and it was a little BEAST until it blew a head..

Keep the sweet pictures coming in!

Cheers from Arizona,
Andrew

Reactions: tylerruinstrucks

·
Registered
34 Posts
That carpet looks great! My amigo I had years ago, I had replaced the carpet with plastic astroturf from Lowes' :D . It was hilarious and I'm considering doing it again but doing a much better fit and finish with my current Rodeo.

I loved that Amigo with the top down, it was epic rolling through the pines in the Arizona high country. I never had any kind of top though so back in Phoenix mid summer 110+ weather, I got more than one sunburn on the back of my neck! haha :shock:

Keep the pictures coming! I'm living through your Amigo and memories of mine! Maybe one day I'll buy another..

·
Registered
34 Posts
I spy something interesting in that video! Other than the carpet looking awesome by the way.

Do you have any detail about what looks to me to be a locking hood latch lever?! I have never seen one of those before nor can I easily find one online. That's really cool!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ahh that is neat, I would be very interesting to know how that "works". If you end up replacing it, I would take it off your hands in hope of replicating something similar.

Nice job sourcing the soft top set up. I'm crossing my fingers for some photos! You speak the truth though, if you can get your hands on anything OE in good shape then it is worth it. Even the first gen Rodeos are getting more rare in the yards lately. I remember 6-8 years ago there would be 6 or more lined up in several yards. Now there is not even 6 for all the yards in Phoenix...

I too thought about 3d printing interior parts. Its very intriguing.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The new tops look great! Thank you for posting the hood latch lock photos. It is interesting for me. When I had my open top Amigo years ago, I actually pad locked the hood through the grille. These trucks are VERY easy to hot wire and I had put a ton of work into mine at the time so I wanted to make sure I could disable the vehicle and be able to lock out it from the curious folk.

·
Registered
34 Posts
tylerruinstrucks said:
Pulled an AC system from a 94 XS that rolled into my local Pull-A-Part today. No clue if it will work but... worth a shot!
Nice, I just went through that with my Rodeo. I grabbed every component and tube there was off the salvage vehicle and I got lucky and everything works like a charm. I made a post with some notes from my experience on my thread linked below and there is also link to a quality YouTube video showing how to charge an AC system within that post.

https://www.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=145837#p5527659

Hopefully your truck already has the wiring in place because then its actually a really easy job. Bolt up and charge. Harbor Freight has all the tools, o rings, and refrigerant you'll need but I had to get UV dye, compressor oil, refrigerant can tap, and an AC system schrader valve kit from Oreilly's.

Good Luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts