Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got it home a week ago but haven't had much time to do anything yet. It's going to take a little work, but most of it shouldn't be to bad.

The good -
Body is straight with no rust, paint is good, and the interior is almost like new.
Runs, but rough.
Decent tires.
G80 rear
Trailer hitch.

The bad -
Hood and left front fender are blue.
Brake and ABS lights are on.
No CAT. It was plugged and the previous owner removed it, now running a shorty exhaust.
Winter mode light not working.
Left turn signal not working.
Needs new plug wires and 1 coil. (I did replace the plugs already)
Small amount of oil on outside of spark plugs.
Drivers power window the only one working.
Cannot open rear passenger doors from inside.
AC not working.

I am going to start working on all the electrical gremlins this weekend. I have ordered a new coil and set of wires from rockauto.com that should fix the rough running. If she runs OK I will fix the exhaust. Not sure yet if I will replace the CAT or insert a piece of pipe. No testing here so I could get by without it, but am leaning toward a new CAT. After I am satisfied with everything I will run it down to the local body shop and get the hood and fender painted.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Wow you've got your hands full with this project! And yet, for $100, she seems to be in pretty damn good condition!
Good luck! It'll be fun seeing how this one turns out

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got a little time to work on it this weekend. Found out the master switch is bad and 2 of the 3 door switches are junk. I did get the passenger window to work by swapping a switch from the rear, which is not getting any power for some reason. I also got the turn signal issue fixed. It ended up being a dirty contact in the turn signal switch.

My coil and plug wires are on the way and may get here Monday or Tuesday. Can't wait to hear it run on all cylinders.

I also got most of the sand vacuumed out. Looked like the last trip it made was to a beach.

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Willing to bet it's out of brake fluid in the master cylinder if those two lights are on (brake light and ABS)

Congrats on the new project. I hope it doesn't turn into a 2 year and 3,000 buy like my truck did. :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts