Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Working on putting together a run to The Badlands in Attica Indiana for the annual Snowball run.

Current dates we are looking at are:

Dec 17,18

a couple of weekdays between Christmas and New year

January 7, 8

The day is usually a light day of wheeling with a late lunch at Pizza Hut for some Isuzu fellowship / story telling. Only recommended modification would be a set of sliders since some rocker damage has been experienced in the past.

Nothing is set in stone yet but I'm planning to camp on my N Law's farm. If anyone is interested in doing the same, we can make some room. Winter camping doesn't sound enticing but can be pretty fun if properly prepared! (enough fire wood)

Last time I camped there in the winter it got down to about 20 below and the pot belly stove in the cabin kept us plenty warm. Space is limited though.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Glad to see you are keeping this Midwest Isuzu Offroad tradition going. Since I moved from Ft. Knox, I've not been back to MWIOR country.

Wish I could be there, but will miss it.

Hope to see you at Spring Uwharrie '12, Cronk!

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tracy! Good to see you.

I am planning to be there in the spring. I might spend some time on a project we have in DC, will let you know if I do!

I'm hoping I can re-still some activity on the site, a lot of the core members have stopped posting...... Feels like only and handful at this point.
Posted about the run on expo Portal too, one guy has already expressed interest so hopefully.......

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
I will keep contact with you in regards to this ... buddy!

cheers
-Ian :blackeye:

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Keeping my eyes on this thread 8)

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
The January dates would be better for me.

cheers

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well,

Decision is made and in writing, no going back now!

January 7, 2012

0900 - 0945 Meet and greet in the parking lot down the hill from the store
1000- ???? Hit the trails.

Pack a lunch, we'll do dinner or a late lunch after the run.

Some of us are planning to camp, if you want to participate chime in.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
I am in and maybe plus one. WHen are you coming in town? I am thirsty! :D

cheers

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds like some turkey day festivities might be in the works?

Looking like after turkey day I'm going to be working on a report. Should be pretty flexible on "meeting for lunch or dinner" around that time....... :wink:

PM me your numbers again, not sure I still have them.

·
Registered
506 Posts
id love to goo!! about a 5% chance my dad would go for it tho.. next year for sure tho no doubt :D maybe in the middle of the summer too. my dads bud has a h3 and my uncles got a fj. maybe i can talk then into going too.. if no one would mind.

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
icesluss said:
id love to goo!! about a 5% chance my dad would go for it tho.. next year for sure tho no doubt :D maybe in the middle of the summer too. my dads bud has a h3 and my uncles got a fj. maybe i can talk then into going too.. if no one would mind.
Bring them along. We play nice with others. Get your dad and uncle hooked and it'd be a sure thing next time!

·
Registered
4,350 Posts

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Gonna be a no go for me. My job (snow plow driver) is an on-call job until March 15th. I'm good after that. Is there a spring MWIOR meet?

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No problem man, duty calls. Looks like we will a few folks from Expo portal coming. See if we still get a few Zus in the mix. I do hope the Astro van makes it!

How about you start up a thread on a spring run?

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Joe, I feel like an ***, but I can not make it. :x My old band is having a reunion show in March and the bassist lives in Detroit, and he can only make it this Saturday for rehearsal... SO sorry man, but I knew this was going to happen.

Hope you guys have a fun/safe adventure. I will have to catch the next one.

cheers

1 - 20 of 27 Posts