Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can the bell/front case half from a first gen 60* v6 tans be swapped onto my second gen isuzu only pattern trans?

Thinking about doing the 3.8 SC motor.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,208 Posts
stomis said:
Can the bell/front case half from a first gen 60* v6 tans be swapped onto my second gen isuzu only pattern trans?

Thinking about doing the 3.8 SC motor.
YES IT WILL BOLT RIGHT ON, JUST REMEMBER THAT THE INPUT SHAFT DIA IS LARGER ON THE LATER TROOPER THAN ON THE ORIG SMALL V6 , BUT SPLINE IS THE SAME
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JLEMOND said:
stomis said:
Can the bell/front case half from a first gen 60* v6 tans be swapped onto my second gen isuzu only pattern trans?

Thinking about doing the 3.8 SC motor.
YES IT WILL BOLT RIGHT ON, JUST REMEMBER THAT THE INPUT SHAFT DIA IS LARGER ON THE LATER TROOPER THAN ON THE ORIG SMALL V6 , BUT SPLINE IS THE SAME
So what does that mean? Change to the older smaller input shaft bearing to match the old bell/case?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,208 Posts
stomis said:
JLEMOND said:
stomis said:
Can the bell/front case half from a first gen 60* v6 tans be swapped onto my second gen isuzu only pattern trans?

Thinking about doing the 3.8 SC motor.
YES IT WILL BOLT RIGHT ON, JUST REMEMBER THAT THE INPUT SHAFT DIA IS LARGER ON THE LATER TROOPER THAN ON THE ORIG SMALL V6 , BUT SPLINE IS THE SAME
So what does that mean? Change to the older smaller input shaft bearing to match the old bell/case?
NO ,SORRY I WASNT CLEAR ON THAT , THE INPUT MAIN SHAFT BEARINGS IS THE SAME IT IS THE PILOT BEARING END THAT IS LARGER ON THE LATER TRANS , AND ALL SO YOU CAINT CHANGE JUST THE INPUT SHAFT , FROM ONE TO THE OTHER , GEAR COUNT AND ANGLE IS DIFF, SO ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS MACHINE A BUSHING TO FIT THE SMALL END AND THE ENG
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Roger. So I gotta cut up a 60* v6 bushing in a lathe to fit the bigger pilot on the later model input shaft, sound simple enough.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,208 Posts
stomis said:
Roger. So I gotta cut up a 60* v6 bushing in a lathe to fit the bigger pilot on the later model input shaft, sound simple enough.
YEP JUST BORE OUT THE BRONZE BUSHING TO FIT THE LATER INPUT SHAFT AND INSTALL THE 60 @ BUSHING AND IT WILL THEN BOLT RIGHT UP TO THE [email protected] ENG. I HAVE USED THE 4CYL TRANS FROM THE 2.6 ENG THE SAME WAY ON THE V6 .WORKS FINE. JERRY
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,076 Posts
SKF should list the id and od if their pilot bearings so you can copy the 4 cyl dimension onto the V6 bushing and get the right clearance.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top