Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 86 Trooper that I am rebuilding the transmission on. Before I buy the bearing set, I figured I would see if anyone has purchased a set from a supplier and if all the parts were correct. I am looking to buy from All State Gear, and am hoping that someone already has experience with their product. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
yes i got mine from them for the same 1986 MSG trans.
the gear pack, gas to diesel is 100% the same...

found out after the facked that http://alltransmission.com/is there supplier.

to buy from them you need a biz license if you can it will cut the cost some...

one bearing was missing a locking groove in the out side they coudent find one in the hole country so i had them send me a check for the value of the bearing that did not work and Jerry had one on the shelf :lol:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont have a license, but maybe I can con a friend into using his... I figured there was one supplier, since all the companies that sell the kit use BK 209 for the part #. Maybe they have worked out the bearing issue since then? They probably dont sell too many of these kits though to have done anything about it. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I already have it out and disassembled, and I pulled the engine out to re-seal it, so that should help with the install. But yeah, it was a pain to remove. Started at midnight, and had it down around 5am. And it is HEAVY. That is a well done thread, hope I dont have the same problem you had. The only thing worse than doing a job is doing it again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts