Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am confused about this: I am looking on rockauto for transmission parts. They have some for a MSG5-ET, MSG5-T and MSG5-D. My 86 Trooper is 4WD. What is the difference between D, T and ET and is there a number on the tranni?
I appreciate any help.

·
Registered
Original owner, 1983 P'up LS (diesel)
2,713 Posts
I think I've seen Jerry say that the MSG5-T is for "Transfer case" (in other words, a 4wd). I'm guessing the "D" is the 2wd version, but I have no clue about the "ET".

Bottom line, I probably shouldn't have replied. :D

Jack

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I've seen Jerry say that the MSG5-T is for "Transfer case" (in other words, a 4wd). I'm guessing the "D" is the 2wd version, but I have no clue about the "ET".

Bottom line, I probably shouldn't have replied. :D

Jack
Haha, thanks Jack. I will see if I can find any numbers and letters on the transmission. Hate to order the wrong part.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
Original owner, 1983 P'up LS (diesel)
2,713 Posts
I'm not sure, but I think that site has some misinformation (regarding which applications the different versions were used in). The 2wd MSG-5 got upgraded in 1986 for ALL appplications. The site does not seem to make any distinction between the early and late versions. They would have different rebuild parts, it seems to me.

But the upgrade was only for 2wd versions, so that shouldn't concern you.

Jack

1 - 6 of 6 Posts