Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heya,

So I have a set of component speakers that I am putting in the back of my second gen rodeo (fusion if it matters) and I was wondering where you guys mounted or hid your crossovers?

I've found a couple of spots behind the trim but I'm actually having a tad bit of a hard time pulling the rear trim out. So yeah, any suggestions on where to mount or hide them?

Thanks.

·
Registered
556 Posts
What about the location for the factory sub? I was thinking that would be a perfect place to hide an amp and x-overs. You could even perferate the cover and mount a fan to keep the amp cool.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's funny you should mention that.

I actually found a spot next to the rear speakers to mount the crossovers. I just used some double sided tape and it all fit well.

Now for my sub.....I was looking around and actually thought to myself "wouldn't that extra storage space be great for an amp? So I'm thinking I'm going to mount my sub amp inside there, and then do what you suggested and cut out a spot for a fan on the outside. I just have to trim and cut a bit of the inside of that piece to fit my amp.

Good on call on that spot!

·
Registered
556 Posts
I'd drill about 16 holes in a 4x4 grid and mount a fan to get air moving instead of a big hole. More like perferations. Then you can use a black "filter" like paper so you can't see the fan. I say "filter" because it needs to let air pass through with ease. The fan would run off the remote on so whenever the amps on the fan's running. What subs are you running?

·
Registered
627 Posts
grobrooks said:
The fan would run off the remote on so whenever the amps on the fan's running.
Be careful how much current you draw off the head unit remote out like that, you can damage the head unit when you are drawing enough for an amp, a fan, (and especially if you are using a processor too)with a wire run that long. 12v Bosch type relays are cheap as dirt, anything more than one amp on that circuit I use one. It's not an absolute, some HU's can handle up to an amp or more- not all and it's usually not in the specs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts