Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
You can get an electric fan at pretty much any auto parts store, not sure about rebuilding the stock LSD, however to convert to a locker, you'd have to get an open carrier as well.

·
Registered
336 Posts
sickisuzu said:
,i want to convert to electric fan where can i get it?

Can the stock lsd be rebuilt ,if so is it cheaper than a auto locker?

Thanks everyone
The key is to get an electric fan that will keep your temp in the operating range, which isn't as easy as it sounds. You can't just go buy any fan and call it good. Plus you have to tie into your system to turn the fan on and off automatically when it needs it, then shot off as it cools down, all things to consider if you want to do an electric fan "conversion".

As for the LSD...have no idea, other than what has already been said. If you wanted to put a locker in you'll have to get a carrier as stated already.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
jaydubya2003 said:
sickisuzu said:
,i want to convert to electric fan where can i get it?

Can the stock lsd be rebuilt ,if so is it cheaper than a auto locker?

Thanks everyone
The key is to get an electric fan that will keep your temp in the operating range, which isn't as easy as it sounds. You can't just go buy any fan and call it good. Plus you have to tie into your system to turn the fan on and off automatically when it needs it, then shot off as it cools down, all things to consider if you want to do an electric fan "conversion".

As for the LSD...have no idea, other than what has already been said. If you wanted to put a locker in you'll have to get a carrier as stated already.
I do know that you can get temperature sensor that sticks between the fins of the radiator that would control the fan relay like a normal electric fan vehicle would...

·
Registered
676 Posts
I've been considering doing the switch to an electric fan too.

I know you can buy an adjustable thermostat for the Torq-flo fans, and that's what I been thinkin about doing.

IIRC the listing for the electric fan was a 14" fan and Auto Zone had em for around $50 plus $20 for the thermostat.

If I ever get a decent paycheck I'll be making the conversion, and I'll gladly do a write-up.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
i just put an electrical fan on my trooper, but i did as an auxiliary fan right in front of the a.c condenser i used the temp sensor and i also installed a switch all in all it took me about an hour, i got the switch, fan assembly and temp sensor for less than $75 on ebay.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
I tried the cheap autoparts fans previously.... They do not keep the motor cool enough. had the rad burping into the overflow. I then tried putting one push and one pull on opposing ends of the rad to cover more surface area and still had overheat issues. There are much better fans out there for slightly more money that move significantly more SCFM.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts