Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is getting to be old news, but there have been a few upgrades since the last....

Let me know if you want specific shots or info:

The rear "bed rails" were capped by bending the body seam over and welding 2" x 1/8" steel over it for strength. My uncle had those caps laying around - they're just plastic pieces but they really clean up the rails and the black really helps break up the yellow.

That's a running light off a military truck - just for grins. The rings in the hood are tie-downs. I tell people that don't know better that they are for air-lifting.

That is a TJ bumper - had it laying around. It is supported and backed up by 3" angle iron - the JEEP part is for "pretty" only.

No, it doesn't work. I was worried about one of the kids grabbing it and getting burned. Maybe when they are old enough to know better. Those are tractor lights on the roof, 30W I think. They make great back-up lights.

I'm kind of thinking I should have put 33's on there... Oh well, those will just have to get worn out first.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice work, and thanks for the updated pics! The black rail caps do look nice... I also like the extra light installation.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looks Great! Now maybe I'll have the motivation to actually start doing something to mine.Though I am going to try and come up with a design for a bikini top before I go to cutting.I have some ideas and I'll post em when I get them done.Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
i think you should get a black liner for it, you know like they put in pick up beds. sorry i cant think of the name right now i just woke up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think I found one of those liners in a JC Whitney book one time.Might be time to pick one up.Bed liner(rhino,etc.)wouldnt be bad if you drilled holes for drainage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.