Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched for the last 2 hours, even using google, and haven't found anything.

I must be using the wrong words, or holding my tounge wrong, or something...

Does anyone have a picture of a 2.6 starter, installed, and wired up ?

I just want to see the wires as they are hooked up.

I don't want to go out and crawl in the icy mud, to get a look at mine.

Thank you.

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
The POS cable goes to the large bolt/lug on the starter.
The black/white wire has a small black plastic connector which attaches to a small terminal nearby the POS connection. The connector on my small wire broke therefore I just crimped (squeezed with needle nose) it to the starter terminal.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
shooter said:
The POS cable goes to the large bolt/lug on the starter.
The black/white wire has a small black plastic connector which attaches to a small terminal nearby the POS connection. The connector on my small wire broke therefore I just crimped (squeezed with needle nose) it to the starter terminal.
And nothing else is connected to that bolt/lug ?

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I looked in the electrical manual but there were no good photos of the connections in there. There should only be the battery and solenoid wires, plus the lead wire from the solenoid to the motor.

Just the one cable attached to the lug.

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
No other wire. Hang loose a minute. I went out and pulled the fender rubber out and shot a pic. Back in a few.

·
Registered
11,705 Posts

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
If you're wrenching the POS cable on/off the starter, be careful cuz you can break the small wire connector cuz it's very close to the large (POS) starter terminal.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Nothing... the big cable to give it power from the battery and the small cable to energize the solenoid to start.

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Nothing external. Starting issues or are you gonna slave something from down there?

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, here's the deal.

With that cable connected to the positive post on the battery.

NOTHING else connected to the battery. All other wires taken off.

Test between the negative post on the battery, and the negative battery cable...

6.5 volts.

Very very little amperage. but 6.5 volts, straight up.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
With the voltmeter in series with the negative cable?

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
What's the voltage between the negative battery terminal and the lug on the starter? And between the negative terminal and the starter case?

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
I would disconnect the black/white wire at its connector under the battery (perform same test) and secondly remove the starter relay (perform same test).

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Apeiron said:
What's the voltage between the negative battery terminal and the lug on the starter? And between the negative terminal and the starter case?
I'm going to have to crawl in the freezing mud, tomorrow, to answer those questions.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
shooter said:
I would disconnect the black/white wire at its connector under the battery (perform same test) and secondly remove the starter relay (perform same test).
Again with the crawling in the freezing mud. LOL

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Sacrifice builds character. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Take a break.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.