Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a 2002 Trooper LS to replace my 2000 S. The LS has the moonroof and I noticed something strange with it when I took it for a test drive. I opened the moon roof the whole way and then when I went to close it, it would close three quarters of the way and then stop. I would then have to let go of the open close button and push it again to get the moonroof to close the whole way. Is this normal or is there something wrong? Should the moonroof close the whole way the first time? If so does this mean the switch or motor is possibly going bad?

Also the passenger side mirror housing is cracked pretty bad and needs replaced. Any suggestions on how much a new one would cost. The mirror is the power folding and heated type. The housing is the dragon green mica color.

The '02 has 65k miles on it and they are asking $11,995 for it. Does this sound fair? They are willing to give me $6,000 for my '00 S model which has 119k miles on it. Does this sound fair as well?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
31 Posts
That is the way the moon roof works. I have 2000 LS and it does the same thing since new. When I was buying my truck new, I test drove few of them and moon roof worked the same in all of them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.