Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting stationed out in Everett, WA onboard the USS Lincoln. That means I get to make a trip to Moab on the way from Charleston, SC to Washington!!!

If anyone is interested in meeeting up in mid october timeframe, I will firm up the dates. We will probably wheel for 2-3 days. I will have the VX and the RS so we will hit the trails regardless of participation. I plan on doing Kane Creek Crossing (I love that trail, pending weather and water level). I want to do Golden Spike (Goldbar rim/poison spider) We may do something a bit easier like Fins N Things as a warmup for the wife since she has only wheeled Daniel in URE....lol. Inside joke for the mid atlantic guys.
Let me know if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I might be interested if the trooper is running good be then, should be. I just live in northern Utah so it would only be like a 5 hour drive. keep me posted

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, we will get more details, I got my orders today. It says that since the ship is leaving for Norfolk in Aug12, that I cannot move my family to Wa, but rather straight to VA. That would mean about 1.5 years away from the wife and kids, all the way across country. That ain't happening. We shall see.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well booo!!!! I got my orders to Washington, just like I wanted. Unfortunately they will not pay me to move my vehicles or my family to Washington since the ship is leaving for Norfolk shortly after I get there. Long story short, I won't be going to Moab. :( I will instead hit up Kansas Rocks and do some wheeling there, if there are any in that area, I will get you details as I figure them out. Then I will be renting a car and driving the rest of the way up to Wa. My plan is to see Rushmore, and then try and camp a few nights in Yellowstone since it will be just me. Sorry guys, this is incredibly disappointing for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.