Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what are the dates this year?
I need to know how long I have to work on my Sas and Exo

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
ZuZoo always ends on the 3rd Saturday of May, which is the 19th. So plan for wheeling Tuesday the 15th through Saturday the 19th...or longer if you want. I am thinking about doing White Rim trail before ZuZoo.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
BigSwede said:
I am thinking about doing White Rim trail before ZuZoo.
Damn I'm jealous. Wish I could make it, one year I will.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok sweet thanks steve btw when did you get another trooper? which one are you bringing? Im hooked on moab

·
Registered
8,073 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Count on me to be there!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Man gunna miss getting all the pics of you burning up those tires

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Bah, you'll be fine I've been to Moab 10 times and always made it home. (knock on wood!) You practically live next door compared to me...

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
The front diff thing was weird, probably a statistical anomaly. Certainly hadn't been a problem in prior years...and the head was probably a pre-existing condition.

That said, I'm going to do more touring this year, see some stuff I haven't seen before...in no small part due to the new rig, not looking to beat it up too much.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I hate to say but I'm probably going to be a bit of a pussy this time around.
Even though my amigo has plenty of dents, I'd prefer not to have any more. Fins'n things anyone :blackeye:

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Almost all the sheet metal damage I did to the RS Trooper happened back home due to trees...never really did much of that at Moab, trees being somewhat scarce there. Of course, if you flop it on its side doing, say, Hells Gate or one of the hot tubs on Hells Revenge, well there you go. But I never got myself into that position.

I do recommend rock sliders, however.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
BigSwede said:
Almost all the sheet metal damage I did to the RS Trooper happened back home due to trees...never really did much of that at Moab, trees being somewhat scarce there. Of course, if you flop it on its side doing, say, Hells Gate or one of the hot tubs on Hells Revenge, well there you go. But I never got myself into that position.

I do recommend rock sliders, however.
those are coming together slowly.
I guess on that note theres somethings that I need/want to get done before I hit the road
valve adjustment
new plugs/wires
sliders
torch my quarter pannels for a better aoa
a 31" spare :D
new clutch slave
transmission/transfer case/differential fluid change

just gonna have to deal with the occassional drip of the power steering :twisted:

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
Surprisingly most of my body damage is from Moab LOL. Small dent in the rocker panel the first year (sliders installed before the 2nd year), scratches on each side of the front bumper (dont care), worst is the dent in the drivers rear quarter by the tail light. Got that one at the entrance to Dome Plateau when the front wheel hung up and the rear slid into a large rock.

I'm always up for FnT. Still one of my favorite trails. But I've only been there 5 times.

·
Registered
793 Posts
BigSwede said:
ZuZoo always ends on the 3rd Saturday of May, which is the 19th. So plan for wheeling Tuesday the 15th through Saturday the 19th...or longer if you want. I am thinking about doing White Rim trail before ZuZoo.
what kind of trail is White Rim trail?? i think I can probably join you for that if its not too hard

·
Registered
504 Posts
I may try to make this event but it will take some major planning on my part. It is 1900 miles away but Moab is a dream of mine. One of those bucket list things. I've checked auto transport but they are expensive and can't give exact times for delivery. So 2 -3 days of driving and 9 tanks of gas and I think I can make it. We will have to see.......

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
White Rim isn't difficult at all, it has a couple of technical spots I'm told, but mostly it is just touring the edge of the river canyons in Canyonlands National Park. It is 100 mile long, still working out the logistics whether to camp on the trail or zoom through in one day. Camping takes reservations and planning.

·
Registered
793 Posts
BigSwede said:
White Rim isn't difficult at all, it has a couple of technical spots I'm told, but mostly it is just touring the edge of the river canyons in Canyonlands National Park. It is 100 mile long, still working out the logistics whether to camp on the trail or zoom through in one day. Camping takes reservations and planning.
I would think overnight would probably be better, I can do it with you

1 - 20 of 163 Posts