Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi. i have multiple missfire 0n 2001 rodeo.
i swaped the engine from 98 3.2 rodeo to 2001 rodeo
cyl 1,3,5 dont work at all.i disconected all of them when car was working and there was no reaction, car was working on other three cylenders.
i did everything corectly, timing marks are good
it started perfect, but none of the cylinders from driver side head works.

fuel line is good, original sparks, good coils, there is power to the sparks,but dont work
after i pulled one of the wires from ignition missfire sensor( litle amp on top of the intake) it started working in cyl 3,5,6,then after i pullet other wire it was working in cyl 1,2,4.
changed cranksensor,throtelbody, did everythink i know about this kind of work.
any ideas?

thankyou....

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Simply lining up the timing marks for belt install won't do it. On the passenger side, turn the cam sprocket until it clicks into place on the timing mark and wants to stay there. It may take several turns to get it there. On the drivers side, there are TWO marks. One on top, and one about 90 degrees to the LEFT (as you are facing the engine from the front). Turn that cam sprocket until it clicks into place lining up with the timing mark that is to the left of the top timing mark and wants to stay there. Then, turn the sprocket to the right to line it up with the top timing mark. It won't want to stay so you may need help holding it in place. Install the belt and use clips to hold it in place. Release the tensioner and you should be good. Start it up before putting everything back together.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.